Rau rockers are ready soon.

wcol

RAU just sent me an email about roller tip rockers almost ready for sell. 1.65 ratio. Chrome plated shaft, alum rockers. Price is $699 plus shipping and handling.

Placed my order a few days ago. Supposed to ship out this week at some point! :-D :beer:

does chrome make a shaft harder? smoother?

as suspected, it wuz hard sandin w/the emery cloth yes ta day.

Y R the 'stands' made of alu, such a soft metal… I think they were what scored
the rods as the motor ran, I don't think I scored them dissasembling.

So my new set of 1.65 shaft mount rockers and pushrods from RAU ship out today! :beer:

I'm planning on installing them on the stock engine first until such time that my new head is ready to go on. So fingers are crossed and I'm looking forward to getting them set up.

He did tell me that they narrowed the shaft stands so that they could make the arms themselves a full 1" wide. They then set in offset screws. He also mentioned that it can be set up either like the adjustable or the non-adjustable from an oiling standpoint. I didn't gather everything he was telling me. I want the assembly in front of me when I call back to make sure I set it up to his recommendation with regards to ensuring proper oiling to the arms. He said there's a difference in how the adjustable shafts are plumbed and that it would make a difference. I'll make sure to take pictures of everything when it arrives.

It might be awhile till I get any ideas as to improvements "felt". The right-front side rail of my drivers seat snapped a bolt. As it is right now, accelerating practically drops me into the backseat. So no driving until I get that fiasco dealt with .... :banghead:

yeah, to da back seat wid ya!
Must B dat mighty Lima throwin U back!
:eek:

Thanx & keep us informed on ur new rockers, sounds interesting yer sure!

Just got it! Boy is she purty. I'll snap some pics today or tomorrow to post up. I'll have a setup question or 2 so stay tuned! :beer:

chad":hiu9btwq said:
yeah, to da back seat wid ya!
Must B dat mighty Lima throwin U back!
:eek:

Thanx & keep us informed on ur new rockers, sounds interesting yer sure!

cr_bobcat
'67 Mustang Coupe, Lima 200
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Iowa lot to Engrish; twas da mighty Lima at that. :rolflmao:

xctasy":381fybt5 said:
Iowa lot to Engrish; twas da mighty Lima at that. :rolflmao:

Fo0OOoo on ya mate, us pirates aint welcome round ere!
:roll:

Back