Weber guidance needed

63Falconconvert

Looking for some guidance. I have a 1966 200 CI in my 63 Falcon. I rebuild the engine to stock specs, cam, pistons etc. This past weekend I picked up this Weber at a swap meet for $5. A deal I couldn't pass up. The carb is really clean, everything moves freely. I believe this carb to be a 5200. I have been doing my homework on this swap so I know that I will need the adapter and the distributor will have to change being I'm still running the Load-o-matic. I'll have to play with the linkage. One of my questions is where to I pick up the vacuum fro the distributor. Another is what is a good choice of distributor. A DUI is a little high for my budget, I don't mind the size and look of an HEI that they sell on Ebay, A DS II looks like a wiring nightmare. Would a stock post 68 dizzy with a Pertronix be a good set up?
Any info from guys that have done this swap would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The DSII is widely used and there are several guys on here that can walk you through it. One good option would be to contact wsa111 a member on here and Ford six enthusiast and a DSII rebuilder and custom curve expert. My DSII is great-ultra dependable and good spark. For the money it would always be my first choice.

DSII wiring is simple, the DSII is what MSD based their system on. If you can't find a harness you can get the coil connector, and both the 3 terminal and 4 terminal module connectors from Rock Auto under '78/Fairmont/3.3/Electrical-Connector. The connector for the distributor is not available so you'll have to cut that off and use bullet connectors or the like. In the diagram below the wire that says, "from fuse block" should be the run wire.

yqyda8ub.jpg

2 me DSII is the way to go. Ele is the most confusing prt of the vehicle 2 me YET I get the DSII - adds pep, oem, durable, readily available, inexpensive…
Get the dizzy, module (recommend the 'blue strain relief' @ wires exit), nice oil filled coil - ready to go…

Back