66 Mustang Weber swap linkage

da66stang

Hoping some folks could post pics of their setups. Would prefer to use the old solid linkage but am willing to switch to lokar but just haven't seen anything on their site that was helpful. This last part is holding me up.

get yer help?
Bottom 1 looks almost there.
bend the rod on back of pedel B4 exiting firewall?

My choice is not Lockar but ford. There's a VC w/a tab
stickin up for the ford cable but that means changes further back…
U get the hot carb but oem looks…

Who knows which valve cover that is?

Here's how I did mine when I used to run the Weber. You can use a bellcrank to change the up-down motion to front-back. I mounted it to an angled metal bracket attached to the carb stud.

I switched to the Autolite, so don't have this setup anymore... I had to switch to the Lokar setup, which works much better than the hard linkage.

Sorry to jack the thread, but do you have a pic of the Autolite setup with the Lokar?

Here's mine, I'm just using the original rod from the firewall hooked directly to the carb with a bolt-on stud. This is a Ranchero, the rod already moves fore / aft, not up / down.

Ignore the red arrows, I forget what they're for.

ThrottleLinkage-1.jpg

guess that's clay, must B gettin ready 2...

cr_bobcat":p2id5bed said:
Sorry to jack the thread, but do you have a pic of the Autolite setup with the Lokar?

Here it is. Still had to get a shop to fabricate a bracket for me, but it works really well.

I bought a Clifford Weber adapter, milled the base off milled my own base and welded the two together. I have patterned my own adapter but have not searched out a hobbiest that casts aluminum to make me a casting.

were/are all those webers (36/36, DGV etc) progressive like the lill Pinto one - 2nd bowel doesn't get crankin till further into the throttle?

How bout the side draft webers, 'progressive' (may B they R only 1v)?

OK, that helps, I went to the weber site and that wasn't clear for me.
Thanks!

Way back when, probably almost 9 years ago, when I went with the Oz head and Weber 38DGAS carb, I ran the Lokar throttle and kickdown cables and pedal.
Universal / Adjustable Throttle Cable 0625TC-1000U36 $32.99
Trans Kick-Down Cable 0625KD-20C4HT $53.99
Billet Alum Gas Pedal 0625BAG-6004 89.99
Riser (Lokar pt. #) GPS-6014 $30.00 (+/-)
(Note: the prices are about 9 yrs old, they may have changed over the yrs.)

Do you have any more pics of your linkage setup? How did you configure the stock pedal linkage and where did you get the linkage to connect to the carb?

Back