hv oil pump for 250 us part number

Not sure if there is one or necessary ,but what I have done is. Take fe pump press out the drive and press in the 250 drive.Make sure the georotors are same diameter but taller ,they usually are.Make spacer out of AL.Make sure the drive shaft is the right length.

From what I have been told, the Melling pump for the 250 works well and does the job, I will be using one one my 250 race engine.

Not sure if there is one or necessary ,but what I have done is. Take fe pump press out the drive and press in the 250 drive.Make sure the georotors are same diameter but taller ,they usually are.Make spacer out of AL.Make sure the drive shaft is the right length.
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead 6 years later.

I reached out to Melling and they said the gears from the M74HV (300 i6 pump) and the standard pump for a 351C are the same diameter, but ~.35" taller.

@drag-200stang , do you have pictures of what you did for a spacer? did it actually work and hold up?

My 250 endurance road race (24 Hours of Lemons) motors have all only been able to hold ~30psi once hot running like 3-5500 RPM, despite running an oil cooler and 20-50 oil. Idle and low rpm pressure are fine.

Mad , how did we get from sucking the pan dry to wanting 40% more. Not sure I believe the .350 taller. 250 pump gerotors are about .875, the 427 FE (I think, they were unboxed with only a tag, bought 20 years apart and were the same) height at about 1.100 for a 26% increase. It worked fine for what I was doing drag race only. 48 years ago, I was new to turbos and did not know how much oil It needed so I did the tall gerotors. New build I am not doing it just shimming the spring for 60 LBS the 250 pump is about 12% more than a 200. A shimmed spring 250 pump should work for what you are doing, keep in mind that the small six dist/oil pump and cam gear is on the small size and adding more load than necessary is not wise.
Sorry I do not have a good way to do pics. A taller cover would work better than a spacer one less place to leak and stronger, these things need to be machined flat and exact.
Maybe we can get some people to measure their pump gerotors, so we know what is what. It is possible that a stock 300 pump is 1.100 tall not sure, never had one, used what was on the clearance table.

Last edited:
A high volume oil pump will eat distributor gears.

"..Not... necessary..."
now a larger pan & cooler might help in the enduro...
I think lemonds allows~

Back