PVC vs PVC vent filter

da66stang

I am about to install my large head and new valve cover. I see many pics of cars running a vent filter instead of a PVC valve. I personally feel it looks much cleaner with the filter but are there downsides to going this route?

I am sure it's been discussed many times. :deadhorse:

da66stang":k3lb4q9t said:
I am about to install my large head and new valve cover. I see many pics of cars running a vent filter instead of a PVC valve. I personally feel it looks much cleaner with the filter but are there downsides to going this route?

PCV is generally a good thing, it removes corrosive combustion gasses, improves ring sealing, prevents crankcase fires/explosions, and makes your car not stink up the interior like burnt oil while you drive.

RichCreations":3r9iv5oo said:
da66stang":3r9iv5oo said:

PCV is generally a good thing, it removes corrosive combustion gasses, improves ring sealing, prevents crankcase fires/explosions, and makes your car not stink up the interior like burnt oil while you drive.
X2 :D :D

Fair enough. I will still run the PVC and use the spectre filter vent instead of the chrome one I have, no oil cap for me.

My 62 had a road draft tube--I got a 66 valve cover and installed a PCV. It was a great decision, especially on an older motor that has a bit of blow-by.

da66stang":3gwrrpty said:
I am about to install my large head and new valve cover. I see many pics of cars running a vent filter instead of a PVC valve. I personally feel it looks much cleaner with the filter but are there downsides to going this route.

Don't beat that poor guy, good question and good idea.
Original pollution control device (may B because of the road draft tube).
Also pretty nice at creating a positive air stream for cleaning.

My bronk has that, and a fuel vapor charcoal canister but no cat. Wished you'd asked bout that. I'm tryin to figure out an inexpensive small 1 I can fit in a very short run frm header to tail p. (out in frnt of pass. s. rear wheel.

Back