Headers (200 six)

Does anyone know of any affordable headers that will fit my 66 Falcon 200? Was going to buy the classic Inlines headers but they were all sold out, so I need another option.

Hello Ian,

I know that CJ Pony sells headers that are designed for the inline six. It's a mustang site but I would imagine the headers are engine and not car specific. They sell two types: one for single and one for dual exhaust. This is something I have been toying around with. I have not purchased or installed them so I can't speak to their performance.

I bought a dual-out stainless header off of Amazon. Used it for my son's 68 mustang w/ 200. Price was VERY reasonable. It came w/ an extra thick flange gasket, and extra tubing beyond the collector, and collector gaskets as well. I pitched the extra tubing and had a shop fab up a dual exhaust w/ h-pipe, and dual tipped dual exhaust. It sounds great. The header has been on for over a year, no leaks, but only a few thousand miles. No issues, but some minor discoloration over time.

http://www.amazon.com/Mercury-Design-St ... 200+header

Looks like a great deal for at a super cheap price.
Definable Asian made.
I run the long tube Hookers, but the cost is over $600.00 now.

If you ask me....I think those Speed Daddy ones ARE the CI headers!

Or they totally copied them from CI.

And before you ask...I do not know who Mike was getting his headers from.

Later,
Will

What is the diameter of the primary pipe, 1 1/2" or 1 5/8" ???

I miked the exterior and got 1.480 on the stainless steel chinese Speedaddy headers.

Well, I just hope it's not a case of "if it sounds too good to be true..." because I just plunked down the $200 to get a set. They came in two days from a place up in Northern Cal. Nice welds, nice thick flange, some inlet pipes. What I need now is one of those head splitters for the 3/4 port. I guess we'll see.........

"…head splitters for the 3/4 port. …"
"port divider": Clifford or Summitt (2nd less expensive).

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but the 3/4 exhaust port divider seems to be a waste of time. Dyno showed no change but some came undone after a short time of use and rattled! I seriously wanted to do this for my rebuild last summer because "on paper" it seems a good idea, but research showed it really did not help...except in extreme RPM cases...maybe! Otherwise, Classic Inlines, Clifford and Summit parts have always worked for those who used them. I am converting to the machined 2 barrel intake from CI and their info page is great. You will be directed to a different page though due to the original owner passing.

"…Dyno showed no change…came undone…"

's OK, I'm still goin to a divider as I will B fittin pipes to 'er.
Tacked in 3 places, filling 1st & after.
Like 2 have sompin to hold the gasket to/split my hot air commin out…

C below Charlie
(I promise it wont hurt you)

chad":21hwaoe7 said:
"…Dyno showed no chang…came undone…"

's OK, I'm still goin to a divider as I will B fittin pipes to 'er.
Tacked in 3 places, filling 1st & after.
Like 2 have sompin to hold the gasket to/split my hot air commin out…

just weld it in with high nickel rod (7018] or use cast rod. 1/8th in. tack, peen, 1/8th in., peen, tack etc.

What's the point though if it offers little to no benefit for the hassle and risk?

If you don't use it the hot exhaust gasses will be directed at the area on the header flange between 3 & 4.
This could heat the area to the extreme, causing warpage.
You can see the effect on stock manifolds with rotted out center sections where that stupid little hot air port is on later models.
I don't think the intent was much about performance, but to protect the manifold.

it's a system, one twique in one place is not worth alot. As an integrated whole there is more benifit. IE a peppier engine needs better breks and spension to be fully utilized.
I'd work on carb and advance ignit 1st - B4 exhaust, rockers would B next after ur headers. Head and cam in a second stage (may B in reverse order)… C our bud's:

falcon6handbook.com

Are headers worth it? Worth what?
How important is it to you to spend hundreds of dollars on something that may look really cool but not doing anything for your particular driving experience.

I don't think headers are important at all, especially if it's a daily driver.
If you are concerned with tenths of a second at the track it might make a difference.

I've done lots of other mods to my car but still running the original exhaust manifold.
Some guys start with a header as their first mod.

Headers look hot rod. It's the visual thing when you open the hood and there are all those pipes. ;)

2 ta 4 hundred dollars worth?
"Nah" sez Jack -
What sez U?

Me?: I think it's gunna look beddah than the rest of the rig…
be llil unusual to C a rough lookin "wrk truck" & if you're lucky enuff to see under the hood - - - -
a nice, clean motor w/chromed ss pipes w/that charismatic blue blush seen on my motorcycle.

What wuz dat guy thinkin?
:unsure:
:rolflmao:

Back