Valve cover fitment

don't all 4 interchange (no-go w/ the 2 big six, tho?).

Re-Pet(er)
(gotta get that post count up somehow)
:oops:
:nono:
:rolflmao:

Hi, they will bolt on, same gasket, but the filler holes are specific to certain years and models.

ALL 144, 170, 200, and 250 valve covers will interchange. I've got a 144 valve cover on my 250... fits like a glove.

Nice. I guess I will be able to re-use my 200ci valve cover on the 250ci head after rebuild.
Thank you guys.

T.

chad":1smwgwt3 said:
don't all 4 interchange (no-go w/ the 2 big six, tho?).

The PCV/"add-a-qt 'holes' change, writting/impression change, color, and I'm lookin 4 the one that has the tab that sits on the side & rises above a bit for the throttle cable. Got a pic?

Any one know which yr/model that is?

Hi, my 66 170 in the Bronco has PCV in the back, Oil tube and breather cap in the front and a metal bracket on the right side up front to hold the distributor vacuum tube.

"…hold the distributor vacuum tube…." for LOM/SCV hose?
Ahhh, OK, thought ones I saw might B 4 throttle cable…
(No LOM/SCV here).

chad":1r85q9pb said:
"…hold the distributor vacuum tube…." for LOM/SCV hose?
Ahhh, OK, thought ones I saw might B 4 throttle cable…
(No LOM/SCV here).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Power-...ash=item4afdd61ee3:g:yAsAAOSw4T5XHX0Y&vxp=mtr

These type are the only ones I can think off that have a bracket on the right side of the cover but its not for the throttle cable... that had its own bracket that ran from the coil mounting bolts up over the valve cover and then bolted to the inner carb base flange stud. It was a "J" shaped piece of metal with a raised groove running the length.

Yes it is a metal tube, not a rubber hose, it is not visible in my little picture.

Metal=fuel?
rubber=lom/scv?

Older engines did not use rubber vacuum lines. I have a metal tube to my distibuter.

lahti35":188gcg5z said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Power-...ash=item4afdd61ee3:g:yAsAAOSw4T5XHX0Y&vxp=mtr
These type are the only ones I can think off that have a bracket on the right side of the cover but its not for the throttle cable... that had its own bracket that ran from the coil mounting bolts up over the valve cover and then bolted to the inner carb base flange stud. It was a "J" shaped piece of metal with a raised groove running the length.

Interesting. The 1 U linked on flee-bay sez "Catalytic converter" on the sticker but also he's stated it's a '68.

Where U state above "that had… running the length." you're referring to the one in the pic?

It's been awhile, memory not fully clear… if U hold up ur hand & give the 3 fingered Boy Scout salute (as I usta so proudly!) lean the 2 outside fingers slightly toward the palm, they will make one side of this 'tab' I seem to remember; while 'the middle finger' will make the other side. Thru the valley created I thought I'd seen the outer sleeve/inner cable sit secured for carb linkage on at least one Ford model or the other. A decade is like a yr. to me now so I can't say if it was 60s or 80s. On another thread I'm asking some ID help, you're welcome to assist here if able/interested. My thought is lots of folks wanna use cable vs rod linkage for carbs. If IDed properly we'd have a search'n find 'name' that would assist in this effort…
I may B entirely wrong! It seems there would be a somewhat ferousious bend/turn for this to work in real life application but I'd like to know if I'm remembering correctly. If so - a whole fab process could be much simplified.

The epay listing is actually mine... I'm glad you caught the '68 date, that was a mistake. Its off a 1978 maverick that used a throttle cable. I'm cleaning out my garage and listing parts late at night so I must have been tired, schizophrenic, or something.

I'll see if I can get a picture of the throttle cable bracket and post it here tonight...

Holly cow!
That's great.
OK, '78! That's something David S is responding to Qs about. It appears that there were early and late VCs w/a throttle bracket.

The 1 EBay boogieman 1945 shows (SIDE plate, not stand up bracket) may hold the coil among other purposes. Not what I was thinking about. He also talks about the J shaped arm the goes up and over to B attached under the carb @ log. Like 2 see that just out of curiosity but don't believe it's the simple 'peg-like' tab I seek.

Wonder if bubba's got any pic/knowledge…

Back