1 barrel verses 2

Mbauer1

I am building a 200 for a 71 bronco. Bored over .30 Headers. 250 cam. Mostly will be a trail machine but would like to be able to drive to town or take a 100 mile trip from home to camp. Going to have a head done and would like to hear if it's worth the money to have it machined for a 2 barrel. Also would like to hear carb choices for my type of use. Anyone buy a head from 1Hot Vega on ebay?

My opinion would be a 2100 on a machined head for direct mount. The 2100 when set up right is supposed to be smooth and good low end torque partly due to the annular ring setup. That is what I have had planned for mine. In the dyno section/tech section you can see what the 2100 can provide. Also get a copy of the Falcon Performance Manual.
Since you will mostly be off road I won't recommend the five speed with od.
Glad you found us it is nice to have more Bronco guys here. Can you give us more details about your Bronco?

HI Mbauer1,
Welcome to the coolest "6" site on the web.
I got my large log head from 1HotVega, he was very helpful through the whole process, and he gave me a lot of good tips for my engine build too.
DannyG

1971 Half cab uncut 3
Code:
speed 2 1\2 inch lift 33\9-50s on stock rims led tail lights upgraded headlamps fiberglass door cutouts new bucket seats full rubber floor mat middle console with radio. Coming soon rebuilt 200 front disc brakes

Sounds like a nice half cab I always liked those. The front disc is a big improvement over the drum stops much straighter and less fade in wet conditions. I pieced mine together in a couple of trips to picnpul on half price days. Probably have around $200 in my gm disc conversion. There are some parts list for this on classicbroncos.com.

Mbauer1":2iizc259 said:
I am building a 200 for a 71 bronco. Bored over .30 Headers. 250 cam. Mostly will be a trail machine but would like to be able to drive to town or take a 100 mile trip from home to camp. Going to have a head done and would like to hear if it's worth the money to have it machined for a 2 barrel. Also would like to hear carb choices for my type of use. Anyone buy a head from 1Hot Vega on ebay?
I would go with the 2bbl. A 7448-350 Holley or one of the small Autolites.
Only comment on the head i have seen are positive.
I also highly recommend to get your distributor curved for your application. Bill

Back