Car Choking out

SteveStang

Hi
I have a 6 cylinder convert that has been running pretty good but a little rough.Have a Weber 2 barrel carb.
I don't drive a lot an it always started and stayed running until now
Starts fine but I need to keep a little gas on or it will die as soon as I take my foot off
Any suggestions as to what could be the cause would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Steve

1986F150six":xw8g650z said:
Is there any possibility of a vacuum leak?
My rubber vacuum hoses off the intake manifold usually need to be replaced every couple of years; they seem to crack right where they start turning from the intake.

if it sat for more than a coupla wks the high alcohol fuels today will evap & gum up the system - I have to add stabil because I don't work the vehicle when the lill forest dwellers are born in the trees (I fell a tree and saw buncha wood peckers squished in their nest so wait to work the woods after they are able to fly, run, etc).
Fellas here walked me thru a carb rebuild (how we met).
Let's hope the spray or tank additive does the trick 4 U!

Keep talkin, we're here ~

Hi
Thanks for the replies.Seems carb cleaner worked some but car is still idling for a bit then dies out.It doesn't start unless I give at least little gas
The carb was a used Weber 32/36 and I have no idea if it is shot or not
In pics I see the carb with both barrels having a door,mine has 1 and is always open and have no idea if this was ever jetted properly
I may get a new carb but would like to know what is suitable for this 200

Thanks
Steve

Yes.Checking everything a little at a time
I have it staying idling now but gave a little adjustment on the idle screw.Been running for about 20 minutes now
Checked the filter,seems good.Anything else to check is a little beyond me.

that weber (many) is a great carb. Once it's right it good 4ever. Is worth the fiddelin!
If interested there's @ least 2 guys on here can help 2 R:
1) 66 war poney
2) xstasy
(not exact names).

SteveStang":3is3qxxv said:
Thanks
Will see if he can help
Appreciate the reply

2 guys. You'll C em around or try the membership search.

Back