The New Force. A Ford Inline 6 stock 360 HP

A

Anonymous

mshow_syd_04_fpv_09b.jpg

Ford has what I want for Christmas !

FORD Awesome

Made by Ford, at their Aussie Ford Performance Vehicle plant.
It is called the 'F6 270 Turbo' or Barra 270T

. It is an Inline 6 4.0L whopping a whole lotta Torque !
. . . see:
.http://www.victoriatexas.org/pictures.htm

. Stock: 360 HP and 550 ft. lbs. of Torque

The MOST Torque in any stock Ford engine to date !

The Potential Muscle Creature of the FUTURE.

. .

It's a shame on two counts.

Firstly, seems very likely the inline sixes are going to be replaced by a (yawn) alloy V-6, and secondly the Oz-US exchange rate isn't favourable to you at present. OK, it's great for me to buy at Summit, but that doesn't help you!

Can't get them as a crate motor but a wrecked vehicle will be probably close on USD$10K if it's worth having. Older units about half that.

You can get the barra 240T as a crate engine minus manifolds and alt power steer ect for $5000 australian. the earlier ohc falcon manifolds bolt up with a little porting and the turbo is a gt35-40 garrett. its dohc vvt and the loom and ecu are avaliable from tilfords for around 5-600 bucks

Wait for the new typhoon engine its said to have 300kw

As for finding one of these F6 270kw engines living out of home good luck
i just dont think you'll see any Typfoon's in wrecking yards

just the long engine unfotunately. ask the guys at nizpro, its not availiable thru the ford dealer but these guys have a deal going. and they do some awesome upgrades

There are two types of these motors the 240kw motor and the better FPV version the F6 270 kw version. rumor has it that the healthier FPV motors make closer to 300- 310 kw but only rate theme at 270kw because they don’t want to kill there pride and joy (the 5.4 liter quad cam V8 boss 290 kw) that they run in there flagship Falcon GT and GT-P cars.

I understand it the same way.
. I'm getting BOMBARDED with RaIn, here. Sun. morn. 7/1/07

i saw one of the F6 ute's go through the damaged vehicle auctions about 6 months back. it had been T-boned by a truck but the windscreen forward was perfect and only 2,000kms. don't remember how much though

That would be a sweet find.
I dream of having one.
Mercy

. .
I sold the Edelbrock Performer 500 cfm last week, and today I put on a Brand new Holley Truck Avenger 470 cfm. My 12V to the choke was bad, and I ran out of time, for much tuning. But I like it ! July 17th Tues.

Unfalconbelievable":3c0y26la said:
bad news guys! ford australia has canned the I6 in all forms in favour of a cheaper imported V6 :( get em while u can

Thats not for a few years

my new BF MKII F6 has 308RWHP standard with only 3000kms and 6 sp auto.
with injectors, flash tune and exhaust it makes 443rwhp.
i did have a 2003 xr6t 5 speed with the same kit and got 433rwhp but this auto F6 would eat it alive as the turbos love autos.

Back