speed daddy headers

Man, those look like the same ones I got from Does10s. Will be a little while before I get them installed, but they look like quality pieces. The welds are super nice and doesn't look like there will be any issues.

I've heard rumors of starter interference issues, but I've yet to see any pictures showing problems. Same thing with the Scott Drake dual out headers. Oddly enough, I've heard the SD single out don't have the same issue.

IF I can call them tomarrow I,am going to order them. for $188.00 delivered and them being stainless sure seems like a good deal to me.

Not gonna lie. I kicked the idea around a few times myself. I also am leery of "too good to be true" ;)

The one thing I have heard is to use a mini starter to get the clearance. That is my plan. I will be posting pics when I install mine. One thing with mine is that I've got more room in the engine bay that the Falcons and comets do.

I think "our" trouble is motor/frame, not sure & Will ould not guarntee fit as no 1 has given a report.
I'll C this summer (I hope).

Don't the SD's have a rather thick flange compaired to most (a good thing, up to a point &
I'm not sure when U reach "over kill" 2 create interfearence). Take a look at a pic 2 C if U agree/disagree...

called s/d today. it took 4 repeated calls to finally get told there out of stock, container due in 2-3 weeks

kids running the store (women ) so be prepaired. gave them part number several times , application etc and they still couldn't find it. then I finally got a manager and it only took 30 seconds. lol

BCOWANWHEELS":3rvq87d5 said:
called s/d today. it took 4 repeated calls to finally get told there out of stock, container due in 2-3 weeks

kids running the store (women ) so be prepaired. gave them part number several times , application etc and they still couldn't find it. then I finally got a manager and it only took 30 seconds. lol
I see the same headers (exact picture even) all over eBay from several vendors...

RichCreations":g345dcts said:
I see the same headers (exact picture even) all over eBay from several vendors...
Often these co.s say "This pic 4 ID only, duz not rep the actual item." so B careful…

Like Cat above, I subscribe 2 "sucker born every min". & "2 good 2 B true", etc.

I don't shop @ Wally's World either (quality, employee policy, Walton fam. themselves, etc).

I did pick up a set of those Stainless Steel headers off ebay about 2 months ago.
I'm a year away at least from even installing the engine, but I figured for $188 I'd better get a set before they're discontinued.
The seller states that my '65 Mustang w/200 is not in the factory fitment list,so it's a gamble ?
Every other header company listing seems to say that their headers fit almost everything.
I may be able to mock it up on the engine block to see about starter clearance.
The quality of the headers looks damn good though...
DannyG

Thanks Dan!

"...mock it up on the engine bloc…"
"…quality...looks damn good…"

U may B the only 1 w/a set who's talkin 2 us… the mock up will show fitment w/frame components?
That may B the issue w/the bronk - I think we're 'made' different there.

Also, you DO have them in hand? Is the flange really, really thick? as it seems in their pic?

Can U tell Y the co. does not list ur vehicle as one of the acceptable apps?

HI Chad,
I'll see if I can lay them against an engine for fitment/starter clearance. No idea on suspension clearance yet.
I will take some close up pictures tonight and get them posted .
DannyG

'Lo Dee. Gee.,

"...suspension clearance…"
didn't even think of that
(no prob w/the bronk I'd guess).

- -Cee Effah

One thing I know for sure is that there is starter interference w/low mount starter 200's. Not sure about 250's. Member stanyon got a set for his low starter 200 and had the issue. Having the head 1 1/2" higher on the 250 may help it clear.

wonder if that same '90s stang bent6 3.8L starter would wrk here too?

I bolted the header onto a 200 engine tonight, I'm more excited about fitment now that I've seen it ( I'm still at least a year away from installing the engine....) the header flange is 3/8" thick the whole way.

Link to pics :
http://s266.photobucket.com/user/DannG/ ... tang/story

Still no idea if it clears the shock towers in a Mustang. Seem to measure 8" outward from the block....
DannyG

DOESNT EVEN NEED THE SMALL starter huh ? I don't care who makes it ,its a nice header plus stainless too boot. sure hope they get more in stock.................... good pic,s very informative.

Back