17" Wheels

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Howdy guys,

I'm looking at putting 17" rims on the Ranchero. 17" gives me tires choices at decent prices. I wanna keep the same tire diameter at 25.9". Does anyone have pictures of running 17" rims on your cars? I want to see what they look like in the wheel wells before i commit to anything

Thanks,
Ryan

bmbm40

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
I don't have any pics of that or recall having seen 17" on a Ranchero but I believe that would look pretty awesome. Kind of a slot car look. I checked some specs and that could be a 225 50 r17 for 25.9" diameter. Hope someone posts some pics.

bmbm40

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Oh yeah that is nice. Those would look aggressive with that low profile rubber. Look fast just sitting still.

gonluis

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I want to mount 17" rims on my Stang. I'm looking at the Vision wheels but I don't know which size to get-- 17x7 or 17x8? Also, what's the best tire size to run? My car has a stock ride height although I'm planning on lowering 1" all the way around. Thanks for any help.

65coupei6

Famous Member
Staff member
VIP
I went with 17 x 7 on the front and 17 x 8 on the rear. Make sure you check back spacing.

Do a Google search for Mustang Tire and Wheel Chart for some helpfull info.

gonluis

Thanks. My buddy has some 17x8 w/4.75" backspacing in his garage so I will try to fit those wheels on my car.