All Small Six 74 Comet -impossible part- heater hose nipple bloc

This relates to all small sixes

Sinclairlaw2

IN LINE SIX - 250 1974 diving board bumper Comet. I will post photos of this nipple block that incorporates a heater hose nipple and also has a diverter for a Thermo Vac Switch- the multi-connector bloc base screws into the cylinder head for a heater hose and vac switch combo. The existing base is bent and useless. I need assistance in locating one, and even identifying what it would be called so that I possibly find an alternative. Thank you all in advance for your help. Dave- Springfield Illinois.

Attachments

• comet plug 2.jpg
    comet plug 2.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 22
  • comet plug.jpg
    comet plug.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 21
  • comet plug 4.jpg
    comet plug 4.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 22
  • comet plug 3.jpg
    comet plug 3.jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 20
The generic part name would be "street T" fitting. Most of the ones I found in a quick search look a little different but have the same basic function - a male fitting and 2 female fittings. What do the vacuum lines on the sensor go to or, asked differently, what would not work if you bypassed that sensor and replaced that street T with a hose barb theaded into the block for the heater hose?

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! Not sure about one of the vac lines destination, but one is for the EGR valve. I’m thinking, that I may just have to put a straight nipple off the cylinder head and run the heater hose only. Block off the vac lines and see how she runs.

John! Using the generic name you provided, opened a whole new world of possibilities! Wish I knew to call it a street t. Internet may have several companies that will solve the issue! Thanks!

the ac cars had a thermostat housing tapped to accept the thermal switch. I think because of clearance issue with compressor. Just order a new thermostat outlet housing.

You could also put the nipple in the block, attach the heater hose to it, then get a standard female "T" and put it in series with the heater hose (hose nipples on each end, sensor in the center.)

I'm not sure if there's enough material there. But could you cut off the bent nipple and then drill and tap to screw in a new one? I just gave away one of those things in a box of extra parts with a head I sold.

Back