All Big Six Aftermarket Knock Monitor

Relates to all big sixes

63 Sprint

Supporter 2021
My hearing has been deteriorating over the past five years and I cannot pick up certain frequencies. My concern is picking up knock/detonation.

Is there an aftermarket Knock Monitor that can be purchased? Or, can a simple monitor be built?

I do have a complete Hako soldering station that I can use. I have many hours experience working on surface mount boards under a microscope. So soldering is not an issue.

I feel that a knock monitor should help people like myself detect knock/detonation so the proper adjustments can be made to prevent engine damage.

Any ideas and thoughts are appreciated.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
That is a very interesting device. From my experience I know the location of the placement of the knock sensor is critical in detecting knock and separating it from background noise. I can see it may require some learning time to correctly identify the knock signature to "separate the wheat from the chaff" so to speak.
The stock location on the 300 block - under the lifter galley - is a good place to start.

63 Sprint

Supporter 2021
I just finished reading the article and I also find it interesting. I also agree starting with the stock sensor location.

63 Sprint

Supporter 2021
From what I gathered is, the EFI 300 engines most likely use a Non-resonating knock sensor.

Found this clip:

63 Sprint

Supporter 2021
I think this is an updated version from Knock Link.