Another treasure

Wayne clark

Got another hunk of junk as my wife call my cars. Nephew found it & we picked it up yesterday.

Haven'nt had much time to check it out, but when I was following him to my place I about decided to put my effort into fixing it & selling my 69 Ranchero & 69 Fastback Fairlane.

I think my 351w will look just as good in this 66 Ranchero as in the fastback maybe better.

If any body should just happen to have a extra driver side door laying around I could put it to a good use.

Attachments

• 20210928_101302.jpg
    20210928_101302.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210928_101250.jpg
    20210928_101250.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 19

super4ord

WOW!!! Those are some really cool looking wheels on your Ranchero Wayne!!! I really like those!!!

Wayne clark

Darrel good to hear from you again. Thanks . I don't know what they are, but sitting on the ground they give the body a good look . Kind of like an old style gasser with the front end up some . Funny how no motor will do that.

I think I'm going to sell the 2 69 cars I have & fix this one. Got a lot of eng parts bought for the Fairlane but everything can go right in this car.

Funny thing how I looked 25 years or more for something to put a eng I have into with no luck. Then in the last 2 years i have had 3 cars fall in my lap out of the blue.

Take care

Wayne clark

Checked out the 66 Ranchero some before I dragged a trap over it. Wound up ordering all new floor pans ,got the toe boards in today.

Found a door at Arizona Desert Auto Parts. Got it ordered & waiting on shipping arrangements..

My plan is to install the old windshield I replaced in my 67 vert in the Ranchero for now or maybe forever.
I'm hopeing the other body panels are in good shape, but if not I don't know that I will care that much right now.

Can any one tell me if I can use the bellhouseing & flywheel off the 3.8 in a 2000 Mustang along with the T5 on my 351W when it goes in the 66 Ranchero?

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
Hi Wayne Clark. that is a great score on that Ranchero and X3 yes those sure are some good looking wheels on it. There's lots of parts choices for them if you wanted to you can even bolt on the 1966 or 1967 Fairlane front clips on those 1966 Falcon Ranchero's. Ford had changed them and stated building them on the Fairlane platform, so in that first year from the doors back the rest of it is a 1966 Fairlane. Best of luck on it has lots of potential.

Wayne clark

Thanks for the info . I had wondered because the shape of the rear tail lights is exactley the same as the 67 Fairlane I had years ago.
I would rather it had a fairlane front end but unless I found a really cheap doner ir would cost too much money, but who knows what might turn up.

As for the potential I know I like it a lot better than the 69 Ranchero I have plus it's in better shape overall I think. I think it will all work out with it being a fairley nice old school hot rod. Especially since I have purchased so many parts i had planned to use on my 69 Fairlane.

At my age i just hope i get it together & going.

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
Yes you never know it looks like you doing real good in finding things and you might be able to trade into one of those front clips to me the 1966 & 67 Fairlanes were the very best looking ones. Nothing wrong with the 1966 Falcon front clip it still looks good. In this link i just found has some more Ranchero history and a story about what may have been the very first 1966 Ranchero to get a Fairlane front clip swap is interesting. https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/dearborns-hot-rod-hauler-1967-ford-fairlane

Wayne clark

Thanks for that tip on the article about the 67 Ranchero clip . It was interesting. Unfortunately here in Alabama in I guess about a hundred mile radius of where I live there are not that many old cars sitting around any more. Most have been purchased for a little money by people who haul them to the crusher to make a little more than their investment & this is what they do to make money.

Up until about 30 or 35 years ago cars like the Ranchero were everywhere & could be picked up cheap . Then it would have cost maybe 50 to 100 bucks. My last good buy during that time was a TRUE 67 SS CHEVELLE complete car with a rock solid body,220 muncie 4 speed,complete in excellent condition interior except the ragged out bucket seats & a blown up 327 that had replaced the big block. Cost me a whopping $150 . Not any more.

As I said in an eairlier post I've looked for about 25 years or so for any kind of decent Ford body to put an engine I built into with no luck. Then in about the last 2 years or so I have 3 fall on me out of the blue.

Any of them would be ok to use & that was my plan when I got each of them but the next one I always liked better. I still have'nt decided whether to sell the 2 69 cars intact after taking what I want off them or part them out.

I think this 66 is here to stay . Floor pans & a door & I can go with it because I have no plans for it to be anything other than a cool old school hot rod with a little juice to use as a driver.

autonoob

I am excited to see how you will bring life to this classic car. Good luck, make sure to keep us posted with the progress.

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
Yes I hear you seems like the old cars that used to be everywhere have went for scrap maybe during the cash for clunkers program but few now days care about the older cars. I had severial cars that I had collected over many years to build in my retirement but they got stolen during my move to Az. Been looking for a project car or truck for several years most are just to expensive for me now, but I keep looking. Good luck on the Ranchero.

Wayne clark

Yes I hear you seems like the old cars that used to be everywhere have went for scrap maybe during the cash for clunkers program but few now days care about the older cars. I had severial cars that I had collected over many years to build in my retirement but they got stolen during my move to Az. Been looking for a project car or truck for several years most are just to expensive for me now, but I keep looking. Good luck on the Ranchero.
I ordered a door from Arizona Desert Auto Parts for my 66 . It looks like you would be in an excellent place to pick up a project car in relatively good condition .
But if the cost of my door is any indication of a complete car cost I can see where it might be pricey.

But When you have to buy parts for the cars that don't have any or little aftermarket parts you only have 2 choices. Buy it or don't