anyone know the size to automate brass carb fitting for vacuum advance?

HondaSL

Got a 1966 stang 6-cylinder & i am missing the brass fitting that the vacuum hardline flared end plugs into-which plugs into the carb body.
Does anyone know the size so i can buy one on amazon/ebay/pepBoys? & what it would be called to normal people (like 'flared coupler' or something)

In the pic part fiche, it is names 'Distributer Vacuum Adapter' FordMoCo part # 358165-S in the lower RH corner area. Or circled in pink on the engine pic of a car which does have it correct.

Thanks a ton for the expertise & insights!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 6.54.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 6.54.59 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 9.50.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 9.50.13 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 57

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
HondaSL":ron2m9yz said:
Got a 1966 stang 6-cylinder & i am missing the brass fitting that the vacuum hardline flared end plugs into-which plugs into the carb body.
Does anyone know the size so i can buy one on amazon/ebay/pepBoys? & what it would be called to normal people (like 'flared coupler' or something)

In the pic part fiche, it is names 'Distributer Vacuum Adapter' FordMoCo part # 358165-S in the lower RH corner area. Or circled in pink on the engine pic of a car which does have it correct.

Thanks a ton for the expertise & insights!

The vacuum line fitting is a tapered compression fitting, so the other end in the carb to my best guess is that it's a tapered compression fitting adapter. These fittings are also commonly used on a gas water heater too so you should be able to fine them at a good auto parts store like NAPA or at a hardware store such as Home Depot. Good luck (y) :nod:

HondaSL

In case anyone ever needs an answer:

3/16" Hex Head Plug with an inverted flare

Dorman part number 785-450