Before I Install the Xflow....Checklist.....

A

Anonymous

I am just waiting on a couple bits that should be here soon, then we will stick the crossflow (lesst the head) in the mustang. Hope to do this in a couple weeks. I wanted to list what I have done to date and double check that everything looks good to you guys (as well as get any thoughts on my setup)

Block tanked bored 20 over
new US 250 Cam bearings
New ACL Pistons (stock dish)
ACL bearings
Full balance
rods reconditioned with new ARP bolts
New OZ oil pump
new 157t flywheel from a US 250
new torque converter from a 68 289
new double row timing chain set
new US 250 water pump
new crow street race cam w/ dizzy gear

The short bolck was assembled by a guy who has built stock car engines professionally for 40 years. I want this to be a bulletproof bottom end that can rock for many years.

Thoughts? I hope to get all this in the car before the end of Oct. Then this winter I just have to deal with the head.

How would you cap this block off? I was thinking of hacking up a couple stock 2v intakes and going with 2 2Vcarbs. What kind of numbers would this setup produce?

What about a Cain or Redline manifold to run a two-hole Holley? It'll work - better than stock, and will give an idea of whether it's undercarbed or not with a 500. Should you later want to run EFI or a squarebore, you'll have a yardstick for clearances. Expect to pay $50-$75 for a decent used one plus a little postage.

That said, for startup etc, run the one-holer and drop a US carby on it.

Cheers, Adam.

Back