C5AE rods

Mdixon300f100

So since I started putting things together life decided I needed to stop. We recently found out we’re expecting #3 in November. So as much as I wanted to put it off, I needed to find some real estate for us to fit into. 3 kids don’t fit in a 750sqft apartment... fortunately I’ve found a house. Even better I now have a GARAGE :beer: after the move is over and everyone’s settled in, I can get back to it. Thanks for everyone’s input, there’s more to come from this project :nod:

Mdixon300f100

So my quest for hp has led me to a set of comp endure-x 836-16 solid roller lifters. A guy the next town over is selling them for cheap, and I can’t pass up the chance to get my hands on some. He says they have 125 passes on em, I still need to pick his brain on the conditions they were run in, but for less than 20% of a brand new set I’m getting them.
:beer:

Mdixon300f100

pmuller9":9kz7m9it said:
So does that mean you are going to run a Bullet roller cam?

A billet roller cam? Yes, it’s just a matter of finding someone to make 1. I may even get longer valves and springs to accommodate more lift. I think right now with the head setup as it is I’m limited to .575 total lift. I don’t know if more lift will benefit since it is a turbocharged end goal, but if nothing else I can open the valve much faster, and run high enough spring pressure to rev out to 8k without floating the valves.

Mdixon300f100

Now seeing as I’m trying to stick to keeping everything secondhand as much as possible, if anyone has a roller cam they want to part with, let me know. I would be very grateful...

:nod: :thanks:

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
Bullet Cams will make you a billet roller. (I really didn't misspell) LOL
Since they make the blanks in house they are the least expensive.

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
You will be looking at .050" intake durations in the 240s with exhaust durations in the high 230s with a 114 lobe separation angle.
No one will have a profile like that laying around

Mdixon300f100

Picked up the roller lifters today. They all measure the same as the stock hydraulics that came out of the block at .874. They appear in great shape, however I’m going to magnaflux them to check for any issues. They were in a Super Stock 460 running 7500 rpm, about 700hp. I may contact comp about the cost to refurb the axle and needle assembly for some extra insurance. To make the deal even sweeter the guy said he has another set he’s going to give me since he’s no longer running the 460, so I’ll even have a spare set! He was very interested in the turbocharged 240 project and told me to call if there was anything I’m searching for that I’m having issues finding, real nice guy.

Attachments

• 6DA7F4A2-45CB-4D81-8A42-2E3E7C1FAD4B.jpeg
    6DA7F4A2-45CB-4D81-8A42-2E3E7C1FAD4B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
You are probably going to have to grind down the underside of the front and rear side cover hold-down bolt bosses on the block to clear the tie bars. You may even have to grind a divot in the middle of the tie bars to get them in. Be sure the cam lobes are not in the overlap cycle or you may not have enough room to drop in first one then the adjoining one.

I use 460 roller lifters on some roller cam builds. My tie bars differ a little from those pictured.