Crank Scrapers - ATTN Florida members

Gene Fiore

Famous Member
I just got off the phone with a company in Land O Lakes, Florida that makes crank scrapers. Unfortunately, they don't currently make one for the Ford 250 motor. He told me if someone had a 250 shortblock that he could borrow to make the pattern he could make them. Is there anyone out there that would be willing and have a motor to lend? This person would receive a FREE crank scraper for their help. Anyone? ;)

I have a couple of blocks with holes in them! And a bad crankshaft.
I'd love to get them out of our garage!
But the cost of sending them to Florida would be expensive.
Will

Does10s":2metxml0 said:
I have a couple of blocks with holes in them! And a bad crankshaft.
I'd love to get them out of our garage!
But the cost of sending them to Florida would be expensive.
Will
Make a scraper template yourself and send it to him to copy.....

Gene Fiore":jy9mf6k8 said:
I'm not that talented or confident to do that right! :( :(
It's very simple, Im fixing to make some for a 300, maybe i'll do a step by step video for everyone to be helpful to those that have an interest in it. I would recommend some thin gauge aluminum, 18-20 gauge, since it is a little easier to tweak and trim once you get it in place. Once you make a thin cardboard template, you can have several laser cut out of the material of your choice. Also, make sure you install it on the passenger side of the block ONLY. It could be troublesome if its on the wrong side of the crank rotation, it does make a difference.....

i have an Oz 250 that i could tear apart partially and haul over there...

would that be close enough to a US 250 to work? if so, it'll take me a weekend or two to find a spot to rip into it and get it loaded...

I'm not sure. If so that would be awesome! Maybe someone else would chime in here. How close are you to Land O Lakes?

Gene, i believe land o lakes is between tarpon springs & tampa on keystone rd.
You need someone from tampa or clearwater area if possible.

Another possiblilty is weld a generic scraper on the side of the pan.

This is a photo of one of Mike's pans for a 200 engine.

DSCN0268.jpg

I like oil control, but if you are only going to twist 5K, i would just weld a sheet metal baffle on the side of the pan.

Make sure you check for proper rod bolt clearance after the shortblock is assembled. Bill

Gene Fiore":2e7euagj said:
I'm not sure. If so that would be awesome! Maybe someone else would chime in here. How close are you to Land O Lakes?
depends on the route i take, between three to four hours
it's actually halfway on the way to my grandparent's house

If someone can verify if the oz 250 would be the same and you are willing to do it, then that would be great. Once I know I'll call the vendor and make sure what exactly he needs to allow him to make the scraper. I know there would be several members here who could benefit. :D

oh well
if no one nearby can do it, i'll still see if i can get a JY shortblock and possibly get my dad to drop it off as he heads down that way about once a month

PM me if no one comes through, will ya Gene?

Back