dizzy identification

mitchtez

I put this under the electronics, Radio forum, but so far no replies, perhaps it should relate to this Aussie Sixes one?
"I got this dizzy in a box of parts with a motor and assume its an electronic version. It looks new and unused and it has no identifying company names or numbers apart from the cap, 9 231 065 518, that comes up as a bosch GB834 equivalent. I was wishing to use it on a pre crossflow 250 in my project jeep (which had falcon motors fitted by Jeep Australia in the late 60's). I was wondering does anyone know where it is from should it have anything else for connection, any documentation on setting it up? etc etc etc. Cheers

Attachments

• dizzy.jpg
    dizzy.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • dizzymodule.jpg
    dizzymodule.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • dizzyopen.jpg
    dizzyopen.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
I put this under the electronics, Radio forum, but so far no replies, perhaps it should relate to this Aussie Sixes one?
"I got this dizzy in a box of parts with a motor and assume its an electronic version. It looks new and unused and it has no identifying company names or numbers apart from the cap, 9 231 065 518, that comes up as a bosch GB834 equivalent. I was wishing to use it on a pre crossflow 250 in my project jeep (which had falcon motors fitted by Jeep Australia in the late 60's). I was wondering does anyone know where it is from should it have anything else for connection, any documentation on setting it up? etc etc etc. Cheers
Looks like a standard Bosch electronic dizzy from XD-XE, if you do some googling Im sure you will find a wiring diagram for it, they are fairly good. Measure the shaft and compare this to the hole in the block where the shaft goes, there are two sizes. You might have to recurve the advance mechanism, (easy) to suit your application. They do need 12v via relay and the matching coil.

Thanks Mate, firstly, I apologize for the late reply, I have been away from my computer.
Yes the 250 motor I am using from the engine number comes from one manufactured in June 1972 for a Falcon 500 sedan at the Broadmeadows Plant, which would be an XA. It didn't have a few parts that we have now acquired, like a flywheel and a short shaft for the oil pump. I shall research further based on your info and that from Bubba. Cheers MITCH

Back