Driver Side AC Compressor (Old Air Products)

Alibaba91

Anyone have experience with the driver side mounted AC system from old air products for 65 mustang with a 200?

I am interested in purchasing the system to avoid all the clearance issues with headers and potentially a turbo on the passenger side, but I don't want to create new clearance issues with a DUI distributor on the driver side. I'm wondering if anybody has seen or installed this system and knows whether there will be clearance issues with the distributor on the driver side.

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
At least one of our site members "tdlund" bought and used the Old Air Products Kit reported back that it was an easy install. Generally most of these AC kits fit with very little work to adapt with a set of headers. In most of those cases when used with a set of headers the compressor bracket only needs to be spaced over about an inch to clear the header. Another way mightbe to make a couple of simple small link pieces to weld to the stack AC bracket to use to move the compressior over until it can clears the header. The DUI is a problem fitting with power a steering pump, if you have plans call for using power steering that then the Ford DuraSpark II is the better choice for good fit. Best of luck

I just needed it. Thanks a lot for sharing. My air conditioner broke down three months ago. The reason for the failure I did not understand, in addition to this, I was very upset, because the air conditioner was new, it was seven days old. I was just confused. I decided to tell my father about it. He said he would fix it, and it ended up breaking even more. Then I asked for help from a friend, he told me that it is better to contact the service and advised me of a new service for fixing air conditioners airconservicingsingapore.com. Well, these guys surprised me, they did everything the same day I called them and all was qualitative.

Last edited: