All Big Six ENGINE POWER 300 TURBO CHARGED EPISODE

Relates to all big sixes

Frank

Supporter 2021
Wonder if Pat's going to use the engine with the 390 pistons and 10:1 compression for the turbo build. . ?? Surely not unless he's got some hellacious gas!

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
Wonder if Pat's going to use the engine with the 390 pistons and 10:1 compression for the turbo build. . ?? Surely not unless he's got some hellacious gas!
It seems like there is always something that could have been done way better in many of the 300 six build videos
In the last episode they could have easily made 300 hp except the cam was advanced 6 degrees instead of 2 and the head was not fully ported and was short 20 cfm.
I will be very curious what happens in the turbo episode.

InlineDave87

Pat did say he got the 390 pistons to prepare for the turbo build… and i found out about the promaxx CNC head when i called to ask about the head used on the show and they said the did the CNC head for the turbo build and made extras to make money back but didnt think they were gonna be as popular as they were and have had to do a few batches already… im betting they are gonna keep the boost low around 7-10 psi but who knows pat may crank it up to 15psi just to show off… my money is on 450 hp on low boost and 600 at 15 psi… but this is just a rough guess

InlineDave87

Just saw the episode. Waste gate spring maxed at 13.2 pounds boost. They didn't want to change to a bigger spring so the final results were:

522 HP
597 Torque
Where did you see the episode? I have the app and can get it online also and its still showing me that it will be released next week… 🤷🏽‍♂️ Those are some good numbers

fordwideman

It was on ENGINE POWER on NBCSN. It was the second Engine Power (didn't let on what it would be about) after a part III E. P. wed 8/13/21 five days ahead.

Frank

Supporter 2021
Dang- hope I didn't miss it!! I don't have apps and all that, not sure what all that even is. I'm still "flip-phone equipped". (Old dogs, new tricks??). . . Feel like someone opened my C'mas present early and spoiled the anticipation. :rolleyes: (It's all good fellas!)

InlineDave87

Dang- hope I didn't miss it!! I don't have apps and all that, not sure what all that even is. I'm still "flip-phone equipped". (Old dogs, new tricks??). . . Feel like someone opened my C'mas present early and spoiled the anticipation. :rolleyes: (It's all good fellas!)
I have all the apps and gismos but still cant find it… the air time set for wednesday is still on… and i feel the same way with the whole spoiler… but being that i served in the military and missed out on a lot of movies and sports events im use to hearing the results before i get to see the even… i still find a way to enjoy the show anyways (usually with beer)

JPierce

Approved Vendor
I have cable TV and I have it set to automatically record all new Engine Power series episodes. I think they goofed on this episode. Normally they have a unique title for each episode. The new Turbo episode aired on 8/11 at 1:30pm on NBCSNHD. The episode title was just "Engine Power" which is the same name as the series. It also said it the original air date was 01/05/14, which is obviously wrong. All my other recorded episodes have original titles, and the correct time when they aired.

They are airing it again on 8/17 at 1:00pm same channel and again on the 25th I think.

Firepower354

Famous Member
Shockingly better numbers than the last turbo six 292, I think.

300 cam with 230/236*110 .523 lift and near 10:1

The NA difference, 270/338, 220/268 on the 292, is massive.
522/597 at 13.5PSI vs the Chev at 375/510 with 10.5 boost, and both were very close to the boost/hp formula, so evening the boost level, would still show a big difference.

Bowtie had the same duration, .589/.605*112
A big valve, lumped Chev head should flow fine compared to the ProMaxx

I can only see the low 8:1 and the less-racy Offy as HP killers.