Falcon Wagon Paint

pikesan

Finally posted pictures of my 1963 Ford Falcon Wagon paint.

Do you like gold?!

pikesan

Thais guys! It's almost too bright without any trim. Now gonna get the engine machined then put back together.

Falconman62

Hello there pikesan,
The paint is looking sharp. If you are interested in maybe joining the AZ Falcon Club just send me a PM. Again that is gonna be one sweeeeet ride!
:beer:

pikesan

Finally put some front steering parts back on. Shiny black against the gold. The engine is at the machine shop now. I will post more pics soon

pikesan

Update on my Falcon Wagon paint. I'm planning to re-paint it next weekend. I never updated this post to show how I had the wavy, messed up paint fenders, RE-painted. Well, I shoulda stuck with them cause when I got them back, the color wasn't even close. After alot of considering and asking around, I decided to repaint the whole car.

I scuffed the car over labor day weekend. Took 3 days to change shiny to dull and I love the way the dull/flat looks so I'm going to paint it with a flat clear. So, it'll be gold basecoat, same as before, then gold pearl, then flattened clear. I think it's gonna be cool.

I'll post pics as soon as the new color's applied... or watch my website, http://MyRideisMe.com

pikesan

Well, it's painted again!

I went with a flat clear with gold pearl on my Falcon wagon. I think it came out sweet! I did it all in my garage with the help of my buddy. It was so much more work than I anticipated! After the two solid weekends of prep, then paint, I needed a break from the car. Now, I'm just about caught up and will re-start on the engine build. The shortblock is done, but still need to finish assembly. I've decided to put in the T5 too. This is an original 4 door 4-speed car (with a six of course!) which is a funky, rare bird... that's one of the reasons I've been hesitant to do what I know will be better, the T5. No more mess'n around. I want to do this car once and be done and driving!!

You like it?