Fit of Offenhauser manifold and a Holley 390

I've searched and read thru the forums but can't find a direct answer to the question of whether an Offenhauser manifold and the Holley 390 will fit (without modification) in an 80 era van (1982). Hopefully someone can help me out before I plop down the cash to find out it won't work. Thanks

B RON CO

Famous Member
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2018
Hi, I would guess your Econoline has an emissions era 300. Those engines were actually pretty good. Try posting and reading the big six section. Good luck

Nashtooth

I have been gone from this wonderful forum for a while so this is my first submission in a couple of years (health stuff)
I bought a 1984 E150 with the Offy "C" and Holley 390 in place. The doghouse had been perforated to allow clearance for the carb but It still rubbed on the perimeter of the engine cover, so I shimmed the motor mount on the passenger side to relieve that problem. A 2 barrel would be a better fit, and that would be my next move, with a plenum divider, but I have to sell it to go in a different direction.

Nashtooth

Yes, the stock rigid plastic dog house. I was bashful shimming the motor mount (1/4" aluminum plate) and a little more would have made closing off the hole easier...less difficult I mean.

81BullNoseBoy

Hey orange crate that the exact setup I’ve got on my 1981 and it fits good, I’d recommend using efi manifolds if possible, much better flow!

81BullNoseBoy

Just a cheep Edelbrock low rise cleaner. I don’t think it really matters what cleaner you use as long as it fits properly and there’s a decent filter in.

Firepower354

Something like this helps get the intake roar out of your lap, and lets you get fresh air
s-l1600.jpg