Front Disc Conversion Kit suggestions

Linear Six

I have a bit of an issue that i would like some recommendations. I'm looking to do the drum to disc front end conversion on my 67 inline 6 mustang. I currently have the 4 stud drums and having troubles finding a kit. I called Wilwood and they don't have a kit that converts 4 stud drum to 5 stud disc for the 6 cylinders.
Has anyone found a kit that has successfully installed it on the same application as mine?

thanks for your help in advance
-fd

Crosley

Famous Member
VIP
I used parts off a 1975 Maverick with manual disc brakes. Spindles , rotors, calipers... Dual master cyl with matching prop valve... On to my 1962 Falcon 6 cyl car.

The spindles fit the lower ball joints on the Falcon. I bought new reproduction uppers A arms that fit a 1965 Mustang . The ball joints fit the Maverick upper spindle.

FOr the 6 cylinder tie rods to the Maverick spindles fitment, I used the adapter sleeves from Mustang Steve... web site of the same name MustangSteve dot com. This was a bout 15 yrs ago. I do not know how many Mavericks would be around to source parts from.

Wayne clark

If you have'nt found your brake kit check on e bay. I purchased a kit for my 67 vert around Feb bolted on my spindles with no issues was a 4 lug set up.you must have larger dia. wheels as the stock wheels won't fit over the calipers. Also if you think a v8 might be coming you might as well source 5 lug v8 parts as the 6 cyl spindles are not adequate for the v8 conversion

B RON CO

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2018
Hi, Scott Drake has a 6 cylinder, 4 lug conversion kit that is only the wheel end parts, no master cylinder, proportioning valve, etc.
As mentioned, the original 14" rims will not fit. CJ Pony # DBC 6466-6 for the 4 lug, and # DCB 6466-6-5lug. for a 5 lug rim. Good luck

jamyers

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
I've been considering the Scarebird kit.

Used them on our '69 Chevy C10, worked pretty well.

Wayne clark

Wayne clark":1jun6u35 said:
If you have'nt found your brake kit check on e bay. I purchased a kit for my 67 vert around Feb bolted on my spindles with no issues was a 4 lug set up.you must have larger dia. wheels as the stock wheels won't fit over the calipers. Also if you think a v8 might be coming you might as well source 5 lug v8 parts as the 6 cyl spindles are not adequate for the v8 conversion
Had a request for info on the kit i used but was not able to reply the address apparently was incorrect .so ir David will reach out again I'll try again

rbohm

5K+
Departed Member
check with scarebird, i think they have a five lug conversion for the early six cylinder cars