Good pickup

Gunner_Boone

Hey all,

My son got an XF wagon today from Pick'n'Payless in Blacktown.

It's an S-Pac, came from the factory with 5-spd manual and EFI. The body is not worth saving... bogged up or bubbling rust everywhere... but we got it registered, for $950.

The intention is he will use it as a run-around until he puts his car on the road (don't flame me... it's a UC Torana sedan), then I get the car for parts. Which is very nice, as I can then upgrade my front disks to the alloy ones from the XF, plus the rear (being a wagon) is a sprung BW disk brake diff... plus, I can use the power steering, lines and pump, and I'll have the EFI crossflow to boot. Not sure what to do with that, as the 2V (or more likely, the classic inline head if I get the chance) is sitting waiting it's time in the Coupe.

But the best bit is the 5-speed.

Ahh well, fun times ahead, but not for a while. First cab off the rank, help with his car.

Want to know the other car (that I missed a few weeks ago)? A Marquis.
Sitting in a paddock next to my wife's aunt's place. I asked her if she could contact the owner. They missed crossing paths for about 2 months, until he turned up at her house. She asked about the car, he said "bad timing, sold it last week... for a carton of beer".

The car had been driven into the paddock 2 yrs before and left there.

Ah well. Keeps me honest, and keeps me away from the 351 clevo. Probably woulda been too much work anyway. At least I hope so. Probably on evilBay in parts by now.

You win some, you lose some (ah yeah... NSW 18/QLD 4. A fantastic effort by QLD despite the scoreline, but I'm blue. Like my car... besides you got the series).

GO THE BLUES!!! Maroon is pretty close to red, hey?

Dan :D

Yep good pick up. Especially the T5.
My best one was "didn't we go to different schools together?"
Close second was "tell me now before I waste 20 bucks on drinks"

Back