Help! I need Specs for my 200

A

Anonymous

I have 66 mustang that I am rebuilding and I need some specs. I need :shock: to know the torque needed for my main bearing bolts, my cylinder head bolts, oils pan bolts, intake and exhaust bolts. The specifications for my crankshaft main journal out-of-round, my crankshaft alignment specs. My rod journal specs and out of round specs, my main bearing bore specs, my rod bore specs and any oil pump specs would be great. I can't find these any where and have run out of places to look any help would be great. I am new at this but have to find the information. Try to forgive my bookish questions for the sake of my car, it needs its engine back.

Well, your head bolts will go in three stages. Something like 45, 60, 75. Allow 10-20 minutes between each setting, and oil or moly grease the threads and underside of the heads.

Mains are 70, sump (oil pan) 10, valve cover 10, exhaust 18(anti-sieze!), carb to manifold 18. All these are oiled first except the anti-sieze - that is plenty. Clean the threads for the head bolts with a 7/16 UNC bottoming tap - you'll be surprised how much crud comes out. And don't re-use any suspect looking bolts. I had two fail on Saturday with a lucky escape.

A Mustang manual (like the Ford factory one) ought to have six cylinder info inside.

RB or someone else will likely chip in with bore specs.

Cheers, Adam.

Cowgirl66":gjgp70e0 said:
I have 66 mustang that I am rebuilding and I need some specs. I need :shock: to know the torque needed for my main bearing bolts, my cylinder head bolts, oils pan bolts, intake and exhaust bolts. The specifications for my crankshaft main journal out-of-round, my crankshaft alignment specs. My rod journal specs and out of round specs, my main bearing bore specs, my rod bore specs and any oil pump specs would be great. I can't find these any where and have run out of places to look any help would be great. I am new at this but have to find the information. Try to forgive my bookish questions for the sake of my car, it needs its engine back.

All of the torque specs I would do in a 3 step stage. And double check your work.

Main bearing bolts: 60 to 70 ft lbs.
Oil Pan Bolts : 7 to 9 ft lbs
Exhaust manifold bolts: 18 to 24 ft lbs

Main bearing journals:2.2482" - 2.2490", out of round limit 0.0006"
Main journal run out limit:0.002" max
Main journal run out service limit:0.005"
Main Bearing thrust face run out limit:0.001" max
Rod bearing journals:2.1232" - 2.1240", out of round limit 0.0006"

8) you can get a shop manual from virginia classic mustang www.va-mustang.com, npd www.NPDlink.com, and auto krafters www.autokrafters.com
i do recomend that you use a high quality assembly lube when reassembling the engine, and dont forget to use the proper cam lube when installing the camshaft even if you are just reinstalling the stock one.
also get a hold of automotive racing products and have them send you a set of new rod bolts, main cap studs, and head bolts and washers for your motor, along with new flexplate or flywheelbolts.

Back