Intake manifolds

81slantnosewp

ill be collecting information on all the intake manifolds I have come across here with pictures and links if I can

most recent development I've found

aussiespeed 4bl

aussiespeed 2bl
offenhauser manifolds
dual port

c series

Clifford's current offerings
2x4 all current Clifford manifolds require an adapter for your carb of choice pictured here is of 2×2bl Webber's

4 bl wth 2bl weber adapter

clifford (discontinued)
i believe this to be a 3x4

3x2

2 versions of side draft

note the longer linkage posts
downdraft weber can be seen 3rd from the left

holman moody(discontinued)

more info

edlebrock sp180 discontinued

and of course the stock log manifold

stock fuel injected 2 piece
lower

upper (more info and images needed two or more heights per application i.e. Vans vs. Trucks)

Marine dual intake and exhaust manifold water cooled
20200403205853-ad2e8227-sq.jpg

20200403205852-aedf9aa4-sq.jpg

comparison shot of most carbureted manifolds

if you have any info you would like to share please do but let's try to keep on topic keeping it easy to follow for newer readers

{all images have been saved to fordsix gallery}

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
May I presume you are interested in commercially available intake manifolds and not one-off user fabricated stuff?

Pmelsness90

I have looked at the Aussie speed manifold a couple times now, it looks like it would perform very well, if i recall right the manifold from the center runners to end of carb base plate is almost 3" further than my offy, made it a total of almost a foot.

81slantnosewp

frenchtown flyer correct a single home made solution shouldn't really make the list but if someone built a product as in something reproduced more than once in a significant quantity shop made would still be a product that is/was available and credit easily given

more or less I remember 12 years ago and embarking on my research into what a 17 year old with a good job could buy for this motor to hopp-it up and dress it up which has led me into a $13,000 never ending spiral and an associates degree in automotive tech (working on mechanical engineering now) that ill never regret but just like that 17 year old kid im still a little lost in the forums anytime i make my way back here and i would still like to know of any cool new developments

now my great appreciation to you pmuller azcoupe and many others that have provided invaluable insight over the years to not only myself but others ive actually bumped into a fellow 300 owner who ironically read an old post i made that inspired his build as he was showing me on his phone at a swap meet

my goal is to put together a catalog of sorts simply for this motor like an lmc truck catalog, as well as show what has been available, what to spot at swap meets and such and what commonalities other motors share old production parts a new manufacturer might be able to track down old patents and drawings to re-manufacture them easier and so on

81slantnosewp

the only manifold i have not added to the list due to it being a one off is the roush performance centrifugal supercharger manifold but it at least deserves a mention
20200205143539-06f69b0f.jpg

BigBlue94

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
The Clifford single 4bbl intake is not exactly that. It is an open plenum and needs an adapter for whatever carb or throttle body you put on it. It does have bosses cast in for fuel injectors.

No adapter
20180604_164458.jpg

Holley 4bbl adapter
20180310_084337.jpg

20180227_164018.jpg

20180227_164057.jpg

Can someone who has an early and late EFI upper sitting around snap a side by side head on pic? (sorry, mine are all in a garage 100mi away). The difference in plenum height is highly relevant for anyone who wants to use a full height valve cover on an engine with the EFI intake.

BigBlue94

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Arse, are the efi lowers the same? I'm aware of the upper height difference.

AbandonedBronco is running the Holley 2bbl Sniper on his 300 on an Offy-C manifold. I've ridden in it and the driveability and power is great.

BigBlue94":2061d8nr said:
Arse, are the efi lowers the same? I'm aware of the upper height difference.

AbandonedBronco is running the Holley 2bbl Sniper on his 300 on an Offy-C manifold. I've ridden in it and the driveability and power is great.

Yes, EFY lowers are the same

jgregg13

Supporter 2021
Mine would be the later one, '94 - 95. At the moment it's on over a PBF valve cover and there is 11/16" clearance. So even if you had a 5/8" valve cover spacer with one extra gasket, it should clear. The lowest part of the plenum is the front corner of the throttle body flange, and it could easily have 1/16" filed off for a full 3/4" clearance. The EFI valve cover is close to the same height as the PBF cover in the center area and taller on the ends for baffling.

Has anyone here used or seen the Clifford or Aussie Speed intake machined for and used with port injectors? If so, what was used for a fuel rail? I might like to do this so that I can adapt my old embossed GMC 302 valve cover.

81slantnosewp

I've seen images of them machined for injectors and injectors in them but they never show how they attach the fuel rail. I would be curious to know if the stock fuel rail could be used. The distances from injector to injector ought to be the same. As for how the mount, anyone have any ideas?

Wesman07

Famous Member
Supporter 2020
There are two styles of the upper EFI manifolds. I believe the vans and trucks were different. The change is slight and you almost need to see them side by side.

Wesman07":2w26pm1z said:
There are two styles of the upper EFI manifolds. I believe the vans and trucks were different. The change is slight and you almost need to see them side by side.

I've seen trucks with both the thin and thick manifold. I don't recall seeing the thin manifold on a van but I also haven't been looking.

BigBlue94

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
As for efi uppers, I saw the same on both two a couple vans and 3 pickups today in the JY. It has something to do with the angles and radii of the runners iirc. I know 87 only had an almost carburetor style hot air choke. Not sure if it would coincide?

The stock efi fuel rail would most certainly work with the Clifford single intake. If you look at my pic in post six, you'll see an additional boss cast into the top of runners 1,3,4, and 6. Those could be tapped and brackets made, if the stock rails didnt match up with said bosses. I am not familiar with the factory injector rail, but injector spacing should be the same.

BigBlue94

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
This is the later EFI upper intake manifold. The clear difference is in the angle of the center two runners. On these late ones, they are all six angled the same. This one was MAF. The early ones have taller center runners with a sharper bend.

20200305_110126.jpg

20200305_110105.jpg

Plenum on the earlier one is much taller. I'm moving all my stuff out of where it's stored this weekend so I should be able to take comparison pics next week.

Is that truck a '95 or '96?