Interested in an N20 setup...A few questions

TheDude

Hi,

Over the last few days I have become quite interested with installing an N20 setup on my '68 200ci I6. I have the Holley 5200 and dual exhaust so I think some N20 would be a good thing. :D

I have done some research and I see that the best (and safest) way to go is by supplying each cylinder with a nozzle. Where exactly are the nozzles placed? This is where I am getting confused. Are they tapped into the intake log?

I am hoping to rebuild my engine this winter with some performance parts. Since my engine will be fresh I want to install the N20 then. Maybe soon after that, a supercharger. :D

Thanks,

Justin

:
i'm not even sure if they even make a kit like that. i'm not sure how you could custom make one. but i can tell you what i'm going to do.

I'm going to create a fogger kit. basically i'm buying this: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=84760. using that i can spray the nitrous in before the throttle body. this seems to be really cost effective compared to other methods. easier too.

i might get two tanks so i can refill one while using the other.

Alex,

Thanks to you and your webpage I cannot stop thinking about N20. :roll: I was browsing around this particular forum and saw one of your posts and linked to your website. It looks like it is easier to install than I thought. I know it is not going to be extremely simple but I was expecting something harder.

When supplying each cylinder wirh N20, I am still not understanding where each individual nozzle would go. Could you give me an estimate as to how much both setups would cost?

Thanks

The set-up I'm using costs about $480...it consists of :

Edelbrock Performer Kit...............$379.95
NOS 2BBL Injector Plate...............$158.99
(2) 90* Fittings..........................+$21.90
------------
SUB-TOTAL................................$560.84

You can get something back
if you sell the 4BBL plate
in the Edelbrock Kit.....................-$79.95
------------
TOTAL.........................................$480.89

On the other hand the direct-port injector kit costs $ 689

s05040NOS.jpg

dd-engine-nosclose.jpg

This is a Slant Six, but the idea is the same!

Alex

I used a small plate system for the stock 1bbl. NOS made it for me about 20 years ago. 60hp system, car went from 11.20, to 9.90 in the 1/8. If you have the 2bbl, use the adapter system, and stay on the conservative side (100hp or less) and you'll be ok.

Be cautious. N2o washes the cylinder walls of oil when being burned. Pre-mature wear of the rings and cylinder walls will result. Burns so hot that the oil residue that is present during normal operating temps with plain fuel will be burned off while using it. So go short and sweet and don't run it for any longer than a few seconds at a time.

Take the advice and set it up for a moderate hp boost to keep temps down and wear down. 40-60 hp is all you really want to do to a daily driver.

I have a 20 lb NOS kit and am contemplating still. I may sell it for $225 if someone bites at the right time.

I plan on rebuilding the engine later this year and adding an N20 setup. The Mustang is a nice weather cruiser and I want to drag race it once in a while. That is the only time I would use the N20. Would a few seconds of a 100hp shot be ok to use then?

MandarinaRacing":2zxjud90 said:
Most N2O manufacturers recommend 93 octane only, me just to be on the safe side I mix 50/50 93 octane and AvGas. ;)

Alex

Sounds expensive. :unsure: :D

Thanks for the info. ;)

:nox:

Back