WTB ISO carbed 300 truck engine

Want to Buy

Mustang96

Subscriber
Hey yall,
I am looking for a preferably running condition pre efi 300. I'm looking to swap this into my highboy. Located in the Pa/wv/oh tri-state area? Hopefully hoping to find one within a couple hrs drive but I am not having much luck with marketplace and the like.
Thanks,
Frank

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada but still have the original totally-stock, no catalytic converter, Carter YFA-carbed 300 (with cam access for a manual fuel pump) that came out of my trusty built-in-May-of-'86 F150 2 years ago. Ran strong, was wonderfully reliable and never serviced (except for manifold and valve cover gaskets) and didn't burn any oil during the 35 years and 500,000 km that I drove it. I socked-away an identical (but low mile) 300 25 years ago (bought an entire, but rusted-out, carbed '86 F150, for parts) and had that engine professionally rebuilt 2 years ago so that the engine renewal wouldn't cost me months of waiting. I don't really have a need for the old motor anymore. The usual kids, tire kickers and lo-ballers that respond to my 'making it available' inevitably offer $50 or to take it away for free, which I immediately turn down because the valve cover, lifter access cover, front covers and cylinder head are well worth my hanging on to for that kind of scratch. It's complete, all original and on an engine stand and inside my garage so there aren't any worries about anything rotting away, seizing or filling with water and all the openings are stuffed with rags to keep dust and mice out. Pennsylvania to Ontario is a weekend 'hike' but the roads are good and the people are friendly up here and if you really wanted this keep in touch. I'd rather "she" went to a good home than have some tire-kicker gloat about making a score.

Hey yall,
I am looking for a preferably running condition pre efi 300. I'm looking to swap this into my highboy. Located in the Pa/wv/oh tri-state area? Hopefully hoping to find one within a couple hrs drive but I am not having much luck with marketplace and the like.
Thanks,
Frank
Did you find what you're looking for?
I have a 95 F150 2WD with a stock 300 6 EFI and a 5 spd manual.
I have 190k mi on this tired old girl. She runs fine, but leaks oil like a sieve. I have been toying with the idea of converting it to a carbuerator / 1 wire distributer setup with a rebuild OR perhaps find an older 84 or under 300 to overhaul and install. based on your experience with the 300 6, can you offer any insight into my options? Thank you in advance.

I have one that I just pulled out of my ‘85 F150 2WD Short bed. Stock intake/ exhaust w/ rebuilt YF. Ran extremely well and only had 95K mi when pulled. Can come w/ the NP435 if needed. In the Raleigh NC area
cheers,
Kurt

Back