I've come to reclaim my dignity...

66WarPony

I've been silent since I fell victim to a V8 by circumstance. I vowed to reclaim my dignity and return with an I6: and here I am. I bought this motor for $2K because it came with a fresh rebuild, all the machine shop receipts and less than 1K miles on it. Here's the specs:

Year: 1996
Bore: 0.020 over
Block: decked 0.015
Valves: 1.94/1.60
Cam: Comp Cams F66-268-H
Cam Specs: 0.456 lift, 268/268 duration, 1200-5200 rpm
Headers: Hedmann long tubes
Fasteners: ARP
Air Cleaner: Large K&N canister filter and silicone plumbing (CARB)
Other work: intake manifold port-matching

After over 2 years of sitting in my storage unit, I finally have that motor here in my home shop where it belongs. I have a few projects to get out of the way first, but after that it's time to get after it. That part will definitely be in small increments over time.

BigBlue94

Famous Member
Ahhhhhh it feels good dont it!? Welcome back to the tower of power! Sounds like a healthy motor.

Going into the 89? Gonna do a build here or on FSB?

bubba22349

Staff member
VIP Member
:beer: Welcome back 66WarPony, yes that 96 engine is going to be great combo in the Bronco. (y) :nod:

66WarPony

Sorry for the long overdue reply, I'm not getting notified by email when people respond to my thread - I'm gonna have to look into that.

@BigBlue94 - I feel like Edward Snowden coming out of self-imposed exile! It is indeed going in the '89 (the black one) and I will be starting a build thread on FSB as the project gets rolling.

@bmbm40 - I'm much obliged for the upholding of my dignity while I've been plagued by mediocrity... this is something of a homecoming for me.

@autonoob - stay tuned for updates.

@bubba22349 - it's gonna be an amazing combo and I can't wait. On a side note, who do I need to talk to in order to change my handle? I'm trying to be uniform across all the forums that I'm active in. Let me know...

I've spent the majority of my time on fullsizebronco.com and have silent here for some time now mainly because I lacked the funds to get anything meaningful in motion. I'm in a much better position financially and finally able to make some forward progress on a project that up until now has been nothing but a pipe dream and a hibernating power plant. I have quite a few other projects going on at the same time, but here's where I'm at right now:

*HF transmission jack just arrived last week.
*GoPro Hero 7 Black arrives tomorrow - (sigh...) I finally broke down and got one because I just couldn't pass it up the deal; I purchased it primarily for documenting my MTB rides on my new bike, but it will now be a multipurpose tech gadget.
*I'll be getting in touch with a rep from Thor Converters tomorrow to help with selecting a torque converter.
*I'll be ordering a U.S. Shift Quick 4 and going to fully electronic shifting, probably with paddle shifters.

On the last point, I was torn between going with a reverse pattern manual valve body from Dan at siverfoxtrans.com. I decided against that for a few reasons, 1) this is my daily driver, not a dedicated rock crawler, 2) I would rather exploit all the electronic features of the unit rather than wire in a button for OD and lockup and have to learn how and when to use them and 3) I have (distant) future plans to convert my Bronco to all electric, including the motor. I think this is very feasible setup, even with the weight of an FSB. It may not be popular with some folks, but I'm not trying to win hearts and minds - I want to do something that others aren't, and not only will I be doing the planet a favor but I'll also be shedding a great deal of weight and gaining a great deal of experience in electrical systems.

bubba22349

Staff member
VIP Member
66WarPony, on being notified by email of any new posts just go to the bottom of the posts click on the wrench symbol and check the box for notifications. About changing your handle you could try contacting "rbohm" site admin by PM or maybe "Perry" our IT guy "1966Mustang". The outher way would be to reregister in the new name if you don't mind looseing your past history statist of posts. Best of luck (y) :nod:

66WarPony

bubba22349":33y926lg said:
66WarPony, on being notified by email of any new posts just go to the bottom of the posts click on the wrench symbol and check the box for notifications. About changing your handle you could try contacting "rbohm" site admin by PM or maybe "Perry" our IT guy "1966Mustang". The outher way would be to reregister in the new name if you don't mind looseing your past history statist of posts. Best of luck (y) :nod:

I think I'm going to go with the first option and re-registering as a last resort. Thanks Brotha!