Build Thread Lavron's '64 Comet Budget Build

Soldmy66

'uncomfortable to inform this forum that Mike / aka 'Lavron" has passed on.

The Comet and related community sincerely is at a loss but will continue with the rich legacy of his build commentaries and his "Comet Performance" forum.

I never met Mike, but did converse through the Comet forum and PM's and was impressed with his easy going and tolerant personality which also was strongly reflected in the forum and its' participants.

... powerband
Oh, no.

There are several really terrific people on this forum; none of whom I have actually met in person. Mike was among those who I have admired.

Mike was a gem. I so very much looked forward to his posts. He appeared to be so humble, almost self-effacing. I imagine him as being a loyal and dedicated person.

I appreciate you informing us, but wish you hadn't had to. I feel sad.

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
That's very sad news beening thinking about him from time to time over the summer and today he was on my heart again. Thank you powerband for sharing that news. "Gods Speed" Mike, and may his wife and family be comforted.

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
Mike had started his 1964 Comet build over on the Mercury Comet forum back on Nov. 9, 2015 here is the link for those that are interested in seeing the Comet build back in it's starting condistion. Mike brought his old 64 Comet back to really nice useable condition over the years. https://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

He also had a few short Videos on YouTube that he didn't post here these are the links to them some he talks about his Heath issues that he was dealing with both on the Comet site and in some of the videos.

Lavron's Hilltop Garage there are lots of videos going back 5 years. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCs-qyrL7s5iCGuCKvOgTdKg

Last video of Mike's rear quarter panel body work posted on June 22, 2021.

This June 14, 2021 Video posting Mike's continuing on the Comets rear quarter panel body work, it would be sometime after he had got out of the hospital.

Posted on Feb. 6, 2021 with a long brake in between while Mike was in the Hosptal.