All Big Six Need for parts book

Relates to all big sixes

F-250 Restorer

Famous Member
I wonder if others have a book where they can record the parts they have on their truck. I have done so many mods that I am losing track of which year and model each part came from. Internally, my rods, pistons, rings, crank, and even the block and head are all from diff years. I have chebby valves, alternator from a 94 Taurus, hydroboost and master from a 2011 superduty, trans from a 91 with a 351, pwr. steering pump from a 74 LTD with a 460, starter from a 91 F250, rear calipers from a 76 caddy, etc, etc.

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
I have a file with folders where I keep every receipt for each project.
This gives me part#, source, date, cost and any other info the receipt may have.

King_Kong

I wonder if others have a book where they can record the parts they have on their truck. I have done so many mods that I am losing track of which year and model each part came from. Internally, my rods, pistons, rings, crank, and even the block and head are all from diff years. I have chebby valves, alternator from a 94 Taurus, hydroboost and master from a 2011 superduty, trans from a 91 with a 351, pwr. steering pump from a 74 LTD with a 460, starter from a 91 F250, rear calipers from a 76 caddy, etc, etc.

Keeping a small, hardback logbook in each vehicle helps alot.
Every time a repair/maintenance is done, write date, mileage, part numbers, where part was purchased & any notes.

It's also possible to use Google Photos to take quick pics of all receipts, pics of parts installed & pics of scanner codes, etc. The AI technology will make each pic searchable.

F-250 Restorer

Famous Member
Tell me about the hydro boost!
Well, I bought a master and hb that were paired at the factory, after messing around with notching the mounting the holes on the oem master and making a 'spacer' rod from master to hb. That freaked me out after a while. I never knew for sure if the brakes --those m.mouse parts--would fail. I had to make a simple bracket, and bought a Saginaw PS pump with a dual return tank off a 76 LTD with a 460. I used the ps bracket off an Econoline van with a 300 to hold the ps pump. I also added an adjustable proportioning valve. Now, no road situation scares me. The brakes are fantastic!

Xb8btuw.jpg

F-250 Restorer

Famous Member
Keeping a small, hardback logbook in each vehicle helps alot.
Every time a repair/maintenance is done, write date, mileage, part numbers, where part was purchased & any notes.

It's also possible to use Google Photos to take quick pics of all receipts, pics of parts installed & pics of scanner codes, etc. The AI technology will make each pic searchable.
That's a great idea.

Pmuller9. You have an excellent system as well.