New to me 1963 Ford Falcon Van

Frank

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
I'm not sure, TBH, but the '61-66 were single circuit, and the '67 is a dual circuit. It's pretty rare to find one at the JY.
The dual seems safer, although my wife's daily has a single MC and stock drum brakes. As long as the parts are fresh, mechanical drum brakes work fine. I like the feel of the non-vacuum assist brakes in my '79 f100 better than any other power-brake vehicle in the yard. . . . I looked at Rock Auto and Oriley's, no listing for '67 E'line MC. I imagine a newer one may fit, but some MC's have bias built in for front disks.
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

jamyers

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Oh, Okay...sometimes it takes me a day or so to clue in.... Econolines are forward-control, with the brake master cylinder mounted below the floor instead of on the 'firewall'.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT from a Ranchero, or any other Falcon-based chassis. Doh!

Here's the Raybestos p/n MC36067 single-circuit MC for your '63: https://www.brakepartsinc.com/raybestos/catalog-part-search.html?PartNumber=MC36067
MC36067_SID.jpg

jamyers

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Holy Unobtainable Master Cylinders, Batman!!

You likely already knew this, but that dual-circuit MC is a one-year only part, discontinued by 99% of the reman folks. Only thing I could find was this place that wants $345 to rebuild your core, and I'm afraid to ask what they want for an off-the-shelf one (if they have such).

If it was my Econoline, I'd go through the brakes and replace / rebuild anything that didn't look 100%, then stick with the single-pot MC - and be damshure to flush the fluid every other year. That, or look around at Wilwood or others and see if they don't have a dual-line MC that would spec similar bore size and mounting

Wyowanderer

If it was my Econoline, I'd go through the brakes and replace / rebuild anything that didn't look 100%, then stick with the single-pot MC - and be damshure to flush the fluid every other year.
That's my plan.
The brake system was remanned by the previous owner with quality parts, so I'll take my time to do it - during the cold months or this spring after I get more pressing issues solved.
And after I bought a Motive brake bleeder, brake fluid changes happen regularly at my place.