Offy tri-Carb

Can anyone tell me what is the best carbs for a Offenhauser 5205 tri-manifold? It will be used on a 66 Falcon 200ci and going into a 63 ranchero.

powerband

2K+
VIP
The GO or SHOW factor is part of the equation . Used to be a lot of interest in Tri-Power for the small block six. Many different types of carb combinations have been used. Depending on your resources and your expectations, almost any carb combination that will fit can be used. Attention to clearances and linkage connections are important.

One of most typical is early Holley 1904 / 1908 etc series carbs that can use the glass fuel bowl. Recently there was a lot of posts on using three newer small 2Bbl Carter carbs (which are synchronous 2Bbl's).

Autolite/Ford 1100's are often used also since the Offy linkage should be able to be used.

hav e fun

The GO or SHOW factor is part of the equation . Used to be a lot of interest in Tri-Power for the small block six. Many different types of carb combinations have been used. Depending on your resources and your expectations, almost any carb combination that will fit can be used. Attention to clearances and linkage connections are important.

One of most typical is early Holley 1904 / 1908 etc series carbs that can use the glass fuel bowl. Recently there was a lot of posts on using three newer small 2Bbl Carter carbs (which are synchronous 2Bbl's).

Autolite/Ford 1100's are often used also since the Offy linkage should be able to be used.

hav e fun
Thank you Powerband, much appreciated đź‘Ť

powerband

2K+
VIP
... $ .02 more:

The 5205 is for the round top early log intake and the Offy 5907 fits the later flat top starting @ 1970 ( # DOCE head). There is also an Offy 'linkage kit' available which is made for Holley carbs but makes any carb linkage setup simpler to adapt. I believe it's included when you buy the Manifold adapter. I use the Offy linkage to the three carbs but pedal and later 'over the valve cover' cable setup from later Mav/Stang Comet/Granola/Fairmont etc six cars. Some members have totaly fabricated two and three ports onto log as well.

Early Holleys have an open bowl vent on top of carb that leaks fuel under spirited accel and turns. I have not tried small Weber carbs but maybe next time.

I've tried different kinds of carbs and combinations and a Plenum to the three ports with a big 2 Bbl ,. The big 2 Bbl yielded most consistent results but was not faster...

. .

... $ .02 more:

The 5205 is for the round top early log intake and the Offy 5907 fits the later flat top starting @ 1970 ( # DOCE head). There is also an Offy 'linkage kit' available which is made for Holley carbs but makes any carb linkage setup simpler to adapt. I believe it's included when you buy the Manifold adapter. I use the Offy linkage to the three carbs but pedal and later 'over the valve cover' cable setup from later Mav/Stang Comet/Granola/Fairmont etc six cars. Some members have totaly fabricated two and three ports onto log as well.

Early Holleys have an open bowl vent on top of carb that leaks fuel under spirited accel and turns. I have not tried small Weber carbs but maybe next time.

I've tried different kinds of carbs and combinations and a Plenum to the three ports with a big 2 Bbl ,. The big 2 Bbl yielded most consistent results but was not faster...

. .

Great info! I got my Offy 5205 kit from Summit racing. Has all linkage for manual or automatic. I have a rebuilt c4 trans that I will be swapping in place of the current 3 on the tree manual as well. It’s going on the 200ci I picked up (it has a tired 170ci in it now). It will have a mild cam and header so I was thinking two barrels would be too much maybe? The 170 has a Holley 3032 (1909 I believe). The 66 200ci appears to be an 1100 carb but not sure yet. I have really had time to do anything with the engine as I’m finishing up my cousin’s 73 Ghia right now. Still learning on the Ford 6’s.

powerband

2K+
VIP
Carter YF's are a good addition to carb options. Produced in many versions for varied applications, the Ford applications, especially early 70's have few emission constraints and parts and jets are available. Their height should be factored.

I have a favorite Maverick 170 - Carter YF, to use as the 'initial startup carb' on engine builds.

hav e fun