"Ole' Blue" Restoration/Restomod: 1982 F150 Stepside 4x4, 300-6, 3+OD trans

sdiesel

1K+
VIP
very nice video.
may i humbly suggest a clip -on mic?
sometimes over noise and a stationary camera your words get muffled. i had to play the chicken cooking video three times to understand you were talking about sweetwater music retailer. disorientng at first because one often does not equate music with fried chicken. a clip-on might make this a non issue

autonoob

The progress of this build looks nice. I can't wait to see the outcome.

By the way, there are a lot of aftermarket parts/accessories on 4wheelonline that will enhance the performance of this classic truck.

Last edited:

Macgyvers Workshop

On YouTube
very nice video.
may i humbly suggest a clip -on mic?
sometimes over noise and a stationary camera your words get muffled. i had to play the chicken cooking video three times to understand you were talking about sweetwater music retailer. disorientng at first because one often does not equate music with fried chicken. a clip-on might make this a non issue
I have a good Sennheiser wireless Lav mic. I stopped using it because I never could get it taped down on me right. It would always have a bunch of clothing "rustle" I currently am using a pair of Sennheiser MK600 shotguns mounted on the camera. They do great close in, but you're right, when I get a little bit away from them it's hard to understand me.

sdiesel

1K+
VIP
on the mic thing, its no simple answer, and ive seen every attempt. the clip on seems to work best. is there a sock filter available?, the mouth piece/ ear bud is a headache. u could try a hat with mic clipped to it. you have a rather soft voice that can compound this issue too. none the less as tech improves so to do our lives, in theory. you could try an overhead ambient, can these be wireless?
i once worked with a guy who would mike my drums with an overhead rigged on a long fish pole, claimed he could adjust the mike better that way. i dunno if it worked ,sound is really a dark art , a magic craft. a good sound man works as much as he wants to, never gets paid enough, in my view, and never ever gets the girls (just like drummers), gigs over, put them boys in the closet till we need them again. but drummers at least get free beer which of course we cannot drink cause all four limbs are busy. guitarists drink all the beer, and mine is untouched, flat, and warm by set break. so of course i tried to hire tee-totaler guitarists, with only marginal success. seems the best pickers were also bad-habit men.

p.s. beer and guitarists, check danny gattons beer bottle gag on you tube. danny was a terrifying guitarist. but when he plays through a bar towel, well brother u can just burn your strats and teles.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
Wow sdiesel, it never ceases to amaze me what I learn on the net, but I just didn't expect to get this much insight into the inner workings of the backstage antics of a touring band on this site. I'm woke.

Wesman07

Famous Member
Supporter 2020
Great video. I’m also on my second go at the two piece cover. I overestimated my skills and underestimated the difficulty level lol.

There are high temp body filler products available.

Pontus

Supporter 2021
Hey, just saw your WhoNA video and happy to see a fellow Dr. Who fan! I actually thought it was some high school drama project as a kid and didn't give it a chance until a friend of mine gave me a new appreciation for it. That was right around the time the new reboot was coming out, but I actually grew to love the old stuff much better. Tom Baker was my favorite, and I actually taught myself to knit because I wanted his scarf. That's all I ever knit because it was a PITA, but it turned out pretty good after a several months of knitting wherever I went. It's hell on your hands. Anyway, sorry for the off topic post... and now back to your original, scheduled programming! ;)
IMG_20210504_034658034.jpgIMG_20210504_034832009.jpg

captndiet

Supporter 2021
Hey, just saw your WhoNA video and happy to see a fellow Dr. Who fan! I actually thought it was some high school drama project as a kid and didn't give it a chance until a friend of mine gave me a new appreciation for it. That was right around the time the new reboot was coming out, but I actually grew to love the old stuff much better. Tom Baker was my favorite, and I actually taught myself to knit because I wanted his scarf. That's all I ever knit because it was a PITA, but it turned out pretty good after a several months of knitting wherever I went. It's hell on your hands. Anyway, sorry for the off topic post... and now back to your original, scheduled programming! ;)
View attachment 6662View attachment 6663
Is your truck your Tardis ?

Pontus

Supporter 2021
Is your truck your Tardis ?
Yeah, I got stuck here when I got tossed through a wormhole, but I found a retired Gallifreyan who sold me his old TARDIS disguised as this van. I've been stuck on this planet for far too long tryna get it working well enough for a cross dimensional hop. The new hyperdrive transmission should help with a little twiddling of the switch I installed in the console, but now I need a timespace engine strong enough to power it. But then the Silurians (reptile people) created this virus that's been going around which threw a wrench in my plans. Watch out for those Silurians, they're the ones not wearing masks, claiming the virus is a hoax, and that the vaccine is fake because they want you to catch it so they can reduce your population. I just gotta get my quantum 300, 6sigma engine put together and connected to my hyperdrive transmission, and then I can finally go home again.

You humans don't know it, but the Ford 6 engines are actually timespace engines. That's why they're so reliable. They only appear to you as an infernal combustion engine, but that's just the automatic cloaking feature. But it works both ways, so if I can get this engine working with your earth parts, it'll decloak into a working TARDIS engine. F.O.R.D. - Found Outside Relative Dimension. These particular engines are notorious for hopping out of our dimension, and they seem to always end up on Earth.

I've done all I can here. Try to clean up your oceans, would ya? They're filthy. And the only reason the Silurians haven't wiped you out yet is because you're changing the atmosphere to their liking. Once it's warm enough, they'll be back with another, better virus. This is just the start of their plans.

Last edited:

Pontus

Supporter 2021
...OKay then
Ever wonder why the Ford 300 is "the best kept secret in drag racing"? Timespace engine! You go through time and space down the strip, don't you? :rotfl: You just don't have the right transmission or you'd be zipping across the universe instead of just shaving a few tenths of a second off. I kid tho, did I get too creative for this forum there? Sorry, I kinda got carried away and dorked out there for a minute. I was bored today.

I hope no one was offended there, it was just a Dr. Who fan joke (mixed with a bit of new age conspiracism for xtra larfs). He's always saving the Earth for some reason out of billions and billions of other places he could be going in his "time and relative dimension in space (TARDIS)" machine if you're not familiar.

Last edited:

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
Au contraire Pontus, Some of my best friends are dorks. And although I am not savvy enough to comprendez the Dr. Who references I appreciate a fresh approach to what could be a rather dry subject were it not for those thinkers that see the relationship between a hunk of cast iron and its place in the time-space continuium.
I do have a couple of semesters of sub-atomic physics under my belt so it is rather easy for me to see that were it not for the probability density function and a few misplaced quarks and neutrinos oscillations we could all be driving 300s with 450 lb ft of torque. To paraphrase my two greatest heroes Mikelson and Morley,

"In probability theory, a probability density function (PDF), or density of a continuous random variable, is a function whose value at any given sample (or point) in the sample space (the set of possible values taken by the random variable) can be interpreted as providing a relative likelihood that the value of the random variable would equal that sample.[2] In other words, while the absolute likelihood for a continuous random variable to take on any particular value is 0 (since there is an infinite set of possible values to begin with), the value of the PDF at two different samples can be used to infer, in any particular draw of the random variable, how much more likely it is that the random variable would equal one sample compared to the other sample.
In a more precise sense, the PDF is used to specify the probability of the random variable falling within a particular range of values, as opposed to taking on any one value. This probability is given by the integral of this variable's PDF over that range—that is, it is given by the area under the density function but above the horizontal axis and between the lowest and greatest values of the range. The probability density function is nonnegative everywhere, and its integral over the entire space is equal to 1."

Its elementary.