All Big Six ProMAXX CNC ported big valve heads are now available.

Relates to all big sixes

InlineDave87

Finally working on ordering this cylinder head, today! And im probably gonna pair it with the aussie 4v intake since it is set up for mpfi. But im gonna get my engine up and running first to make sure everything will be happy together.

BigBlue94

Famous Member
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Finally working on ordering this cylinder head, today! And im probably gonna pair it with the aussie 4v intake since it is set up for mpfi. But im gonna get my engine up and running first to make sure everything will be happy together.

Just fyi, the clifford single carb (2 or 4bbl) intake is set up with bosses for milling and installing injectors in each runner. Also has bosses for tapping and holding down the fuel rail. Carb pad is a generic square that adapters bolt on to. Easily modified for a throttle body

InlineDave87

Just fyi, the clifford single carb (2 or 4bbl) intake is set up with bosses for milling and installing injectors in each runner. Also has bosses for tapping and holding down the fuel rail. Carb pad is a generic square that adapters bolt on to. Easily modified for a throttle body
Ill have to look for that one as well, thanks.

BigBlue94

Famous Member
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Some of the earlier manifolds do not have bosses. Better make sure before purchasing used.
Indeed! Mine is from about 2002 and has all the bosses and water jacket.

20180604_164458.jpg

63 Sprint

Supporter 2021
Im tempted to get a head once the stimulus check arrives. I wonder if it’s possible to see 200 hp or more with a 1989 stock block with a, Offenhauser C, two barrel sniper, stock cam with higher ratio rockers, EFI exhaust manifolds tied into a Walker Y pipe, high flow Cat and 2.5” muffler and tail pipe, Dura spark II dist. locked with sniper managing timing MSD 6AL.

Just want a highway highway cruising truck. 5 speed. With 3.08 rear. Not looking for too much.

Can always refresh the block with higher quality 390 FE hypereutectic pistons, mild cam and steel timing gears later.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
63 Sprint, I think you will have no problem achieving that sort of power. I know for certain you will be impressed with the improvement those upgrades will have, whatever the max hp turns out to be. Torque is what will move your vehicle and you will have gobs of it.

Green ford f150

Supporter 2021
Doesn't sound lik
Im tempted to get a head once the stimulus check arrives. I wonder if it’s possible to see 200 hp or more with a 1989 stock block with a, Offenhauser C, two barrel sniper, stock cam with higher ratio rockers, EFI exhaust manifolds tied into a Walker Y pipe, high flow Cat and 2.5” muffler and tail pipe, Dura spark II dist. locked with sniper managing timing MSD 6AL.

Just want a highway highway cruising truck. 5 speed. With 3.08 rear. Not looking for too much.

Can always refresh the block with higher quality 390 FE hypereutectic pistons, mild cam and steel timing gears later.
Doesn't like a bad idea. I am thinking about something similar using the stock efi intake manifold. Just need to figure out how to tune it either stock ecm or something aftermarket.

Last edited:

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
The 390 FE pistons will not have less than a 9.9 compression ratio which is too high for a mild cam.
Plus you really don't want to bore the block that far if you don't need to.

63 Sprint

Supporter 2021
pmuller9, your right, that’s way to high. What type of piston would you recommend with a stock or very mild RV cam? I probably would like to get away with 87 octane for just cruising around and possibly 89 octane for towing. I am guessing about 8.5 to 1 compression? There are probably things written about this But this head is new for everyone. And it might control detonation better.

And, as you mentioned, I don’t want to bore the block.

I do like hypereutectic pistons.
I used silv-o-lite over 25 years ago. Wow, it’s been that long.

Last edited:

pmuller9

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
You can use the Silv-O-Lite 1186H or the Speed Pro H519P.
Either on will put you in the mid 8s compression ratio

InlineDave87

Doesn't sound lik

Doesn't like a bad idea. I am thinking about something similar using the stock efi intake manifold. Just need to figure out how to tune it either stock ecm or something aftermarket.
Im curious as to if bigger injectors will be needed and if so how big

63 Sprint

Supporter 2021
There are reasons why the Walker Y pipe is being used at this time. And I know some here are questioning why? And some are probably questioning why I’m seriously thinking of purchasing a ported, big valve head. And that is ok.

A real shame would be loosing the ability to dream. In turn, that limits ones ability to come up with wonderful ideas.

Last edited:

63 Sprint

Supporter 2021
I received a message about the Walker Y pipes from a member and I now understand the concerns.

What I had to do was take my die grinder and cut away piping in the short tube where both pipes merge. It came out well. No ledges in the merge. It looked like they took a hole saw and cut an undersized hole and than welded the pipe around the hole.

sdiesel, Now I understand how you feel. I don’t want to go over 2-1/2” on the exhaust system. And I felt that it would be simple to do a complete system with the Walker Y pipe. And, I did not research this before I purchased them. Learn something every day. Now the the question is, what else is available that is already made that will flow better, and won’t cost a fortune. I don’t have the resources to redo the original. And it’s not in the greatest shape. I heard Magnaflow has one, and it might flow better than the Walker but it’s expensive.

I would like to bring the discussion back to the topic.
I’m hoping to get a head in the very near future. And, I’m curious how much of a benefit higher ratio rockers will do with this head on a stock engine.

InlineDave87

I received a message about the Walker Y pipes from a member and I now understand the concerns.

What I had to do was take my die grinder and cut away piping in the short tube where both pipes merge. It came out well. No ledges in the merge. It looked like they took a hole saw and cut an undersized hole and than welded the pipe around the hole.

sdiesel, Now I understand how you feel. I don’t want to go over 2-1/2” on the exhaust system. And I felt that it would be simple to do a complete system with the Walker Y pipe. And, I did not research this before I purchased them. Learn something every day. Now the the question is, what else is available that is already made that will flow better, and won’t cost a fortune. I don’t have the resources to redo the original. And it’s not in the greatest shape. I heard Magnaflow has one, and it might flow better than the Walker but it’s expensive.

I would like to bring the discussion back to the topic.
I’m hoping to get a head in the very near future. And, I’m curious how much of a benefit higher ratio rockers will do with this head on a stock engine.
Elementry my good friend, the answer is obvious, headers coupled together with an x pipe, then dual cats down to dual glasspacks turn down after the axle 🤓

InlineDave87

And the good boys at oreallys have been stepping up their game

Attachments

• 21C8B17F-33CC-4EDF-817A-6BCB7FE294BC.jpeg
    21C8B17F-33CC-4EDF-817A-6BCB7FE294BC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited: