Scrapping 74 E100

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
I always wanted to try out one of the HD manifolds on my old 65 F350 they were like hens teeth back then, as most of those trucks were still fairly new and being used for work. The HD is also a quick way to do a simple U bend (more like a 45 degree) Turbo install too. Wow that's a lot of raining going on! Good luck

BigBlue94

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
This particular HD manifold was off an F6/700 water truck IIRC. Im gonna have to source an intake, as I sent the original one off to old28racer, and I would rather have a bigger carb anyways. And ill have to find a valve cover in the JY. The 74 one is on my bronco. Lol as I say that i look up to see one I rusted on purpose and hung above my lathe room door!

I dont believe there is any room in the doghouse for a turbo! I do have a couple bigger diesel turbo's on the shelf: one from a 7.3 powerstroke and one off an international DT466.

But im just gonna keep things simple. 9:1 compression max with a mild cam, worked over head, 3" exhaust, and a cold air intake of some sort. Efficiency and reliability would be key.

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
That sounds like a great plan taking shape simple is always a good way to go when building a rig to travel long distances from home. There was a site member who was building a Turbo system on a Van by mounting it down low and towards the front passenger side don't remember if he ever got it finished though.

BigBlue94

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Finally made it over to the neighbors back woods to check out the body on the ol 74. Its kinda rough. Rear passenger bottom corner is crunched. Entire drivers rocker is toast. Rear doors have rot on the bottoms. Driver side wall has some rust spots but not holes yet. Passenger side is much better on all accounts. Floor is covered in crap but solid in the spots in checked. Even shiney white in spots.

I need to look again but I think I can get new panels for the bad spots but the driver side rocker may be an issue.

Its not buried in the dirt like i thought, so the frame should be pretty solid. Need to pull it out and get a better look.