All Small Six Sniper 1V

This relates to all small sixes

Georgia200

Im a bit confused on Holleys description of the Sniper 1V.

Holley states that it is good for all the Inline sixes, 144-300.

How can that be? It has a 1.46" diameter throat and a fixed mounting flange. How will that bolt onto a 144-300 six without an adapter?

How disappointing that Holley didnt make it the larger 1.75" diameter.

In my opinion the cost is not worth putting one on a Six.

Ive had nothing but trouble with 1V carbs for years now.

Decent cores are hard to come by.

The Sniper is a good solution for people who want a reliable six that doesnt need constant tuning to run right. No more cold start issues, no more flat spots, rough idle or vapor lock problems.

I intend to use one on my 250.

A 250 with 9-9.5 CR, a bump in the cam, dialed in dizzy, decent exhaust and the Sniper will perform just as well or better than a stock C-code 289.

Ive had nothing but trouble with 1V carbs for years now.

Decent cores are hard to come by.

The Sniper is a good solution for people who want a reliable six that doesnt need constant tuning to run right. No more cold start issues, no more flat spots, rough idle or vapor lock problems.

I intend to use one on my 250.

A 250 with 9-9.5 CR, a bump in the cam, dialed in dizzy, decent exhaust and the Sniper will perform just as well or better than a stock C-code 289.
I'm glad it helped your overall driveability.
The 1BBL carbs have to be spot on for decent performance.

By far the best mod I have done to my mild 200. I'd put it on again at twice the cost. no more fuel boil over, no more hesitation, car runs great hot or cold.. better mod than the T5 swap I did on the same car

By far the best mod I have done to my mild 200. I'd put it on again at twice the cost. no more fuel boil over, no more hesitation, car runs great hot or cold.. better mod than the T5 swap I did on the same car
fast64ranchero, can you please tell me all of the parts that you needed to purchase in order to complete the retrofit? Did you need to replace or modify your fuel tank? Did you blank off the existing mechanical fuel pump? I am wanting to do this upgrade on my Mustang, but I am not seeing a complete plug and play kit out there. I am also hoping to keep it mostly hidden...once installed does it still fit under the factory air cleaner?

fast64ranchero, can you please tell me all of the parts that you needed to purchase in order to complete the retrofit? Did you need to replace or modify your fuel tank? Did you blank off the existing mechanical fuel pump? I am wanting to do this upgrade on my Mustang, but I am not seeing a complete plug and play kit out there. I am also hoping to keep it mostly hidden...once installed does it still fit under the factory air cleaner?
List: Sniper 1100, Sniper coil, Sniper Distributor, and Holley Hot Rod in tank fuel pump (this drops into the factory tank no mods needed to tank). Stock air cleaner fits. I did blank off my Mech fuel pump.

Back