SUCCESS... IT DIDNT BLOW UP

DYNOED250

Its been a while since ive bene around here, a few years ago i built a motor some of u might remember the build. running a big wade cam, injection and lots of head work.. it ended making 180 rwkw through a manual and 160 odd once the auto went in.. best time was a 12.5..
That was a year ago, i decided that that wasnt enuf, so i went out to convert it to methanol...
after a bit of stuffing around finding injectors, pumps ,and of course getting the head worked more, it made 203 Rwkw through an auto with 4500 converter..... 14:1 comp and 6000 rpm... and only stock ACl race series long rod pistons and head gasket.
Still running stock pacemaker pipes, with 3 inch colector and 3 inch hooker muffler..
Hitting the track soon so ill post some results here, if it doesnt die before i get to the track :>

i made the same power with 12.7:1 comp, 244@50" solid cam and avgas through a 650cfm demon but i had a manual and 3.7 gears. went 12.16@110.5mph in 1999 at ravenswood. cheers

Ended up running 12.002 @111 mph.... then the cam decided to get munched up on one lobe.... Ive got a new cam alot bigger 600+lift and nearly 270@0.050, but motavation is all but gone... pretty much just leaving it for this summer till the bug gets me again

top stuff, have you dynod before going to the strip and what is you trap rpm and 60" time.. 11s are just a cold night away,,and a new cam...lol.. what drag strip and date..

That is an awesome result, that will get you into about the 3rd quickest atmo 250 1/4 mile time I know of. the FAF website has a list of them in the cortina central section.

It sounds like a roller cam might be worth considering at the stage you are now. 0.600" lift and 270 @ 0.050" is getting up there into clevo V8 territory.

Back