suspension lift changes

bmbm40

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
I am thinking about reducing my spring lift considerably especially on the front. A while back I replaced the the old squashed rubber body bushing with new stock rubber bushings and added 1" body lift pucks. Then I cobbled together a lift with F150 coil springs and 1" blocks for the leafs. Not a great lift really but it was fast and cheap and the extra clearance was good for the front sump 250 but thinking I will cut the pan and reverse the bottom half as some have done. I really only want about a 1" lift from springs on the front. Not finding any coils that claim to lift a six cylinder Bronco around 1". At one time you could buy front coils meant to maintain a stock ride height after adding a front winch on a v8 Bronco but those seem to be unavailable. Has any one seen these recently? There are lots of varying uncompressed spring height and rate combinations for available coils so I guess I could sit down and study all that.

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
Bmbm40, I used to get custom springs made or also had leaf springs rebuilt and re-arched at Hellwig in Vsalia, Calif. you might see if they can help you, is a great company.

Hellwig Products
https://www.hellwigproducts.com

bmbm40

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Thanks bubba22349 that looks like a good contact if you had favorable results with them. Spring experts are what I need.

bubba22349

Top Poster
Staff member
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
REDLINE 10K
I used to lived in that town and worked there as well as all over the Central Valley area in the late 1970's and until end of 1989. When I walked into their shop the first time I was blown away at their expertise and equipment. About 8 years ago I ordered a set of sway bars for my Motorhome that was swaying around dangerously at speed and was quite a workout to try and drive it. After I installed those sway bars it fixed all its bad handling problems and it drove really great. Good luck (y) :nod: