All Small Six Tie in lower control arms with Unisteer Rack

This relates to all small sixes

revolgc

Im hoping I dont start another debate about rebuilding the original steering box vs converting to a rack so please help me avoid that part of the discussion.

I am just starting my research on converting to a Unisteer rack and read were it replaces the original cross member. I was also wanting to replace the original crossmember with one that ties in the lower control arms. I have not found where these 2 ideas can work together. Has anyone successfully done this? If so how?

Here is some pertinent info: 66 coupe, I6 200, stock control arms, open tracker camber kit, standard motor mounts, stock steering

for best response. Ur in da 'motor' section & may miss all the attention this post deserves...
OUR admin may move this but U can beat him & get a head start 8^ )

Im hoping I dont start another debate about rebuilding the original steering box vs converting to a rack so please help me avoid that part of the discussion.

I am just starting my research on converting to a Unisteer rack and read were it replaces the original cross member. I was also wanting to replace the original crossmember with one that ties in the lower control arms. I have not found where these 2 ideas can work together. Has anyone successfully done this? If so how?

Here is some pertinent info: 66 coupe, I6 200, stock control arms, open tracker camber kit, standard motor mounts, stock steering

I just ran across this post & thought I would put my 2 cents in . I have a 67 Mustang vert 200/ c4. On the front suspension up grade I installed a unisteer manual rack set up & a set of open tracker rollerized lower arms.

I don't know that you can add any type of extra connector between the lower arms or even why you would want to. The mounting assembly on the unisteer rack is probably 1/2" formed steel. It take the place of the stock crossmember you remove ,actually bolts in its place.
Don't know if you pulled the trigger yet but all the supplied parts with the unisteer are of a good quality.
On my vert I installed a 05 prius EPS right outside the firewall.

Back