Turbo motor shortblock specs finalized

Anlushac11

1K+
VIP
Got my pistons and rings so I am now set on the specs for my turbo motor shortblock.

Head is not finalized so more data on it later.

Here goes:

1978 block bored .030" over, O-ringed, ARP main studs and ARP head studs. .080" copper head gasket.

JE/Classic Inlines forged flattop pistons. I went with flat tops to bring compression back up to 8.2:1CR with the copper head gasket. Skirts DFL coated and tops Thermal barrier coated. Full floating, I am not going with factory style press fit rods.

Hastings rings. Chrome low tension design to reduce drag.

Factory forged rods, ARP rod bolts. Beams polished, shot peened, balanced.

Stock crankshaft. Custom balanced, ground 10/10

Clay Smith/Classic Inlines turbo cam. 274deg dur and .450" lift, 110deg lobe centers.

Stock oil pump and rear sump pickup tube.

Stock rear sump oilpan.

Goal is to hit 300hp with 16lbs of boost with Garrett T3 running .60/.63AR, engine will be redlined at 6000rpm.

Pistons are being coated now and just got my digital gram scales in but have to go out and buy a pack of AAA batteries.

Looks like you thought this out pretty well. The ARP hardware will take care of the weakest point of the bottom end, so 6000 RPM won't be an issue.

The rocker ratio is IIRC 1.52:1 which is stock.

I have some ideas for the head to make it breath much better than the log intake head would normally.

Anlushac11,

EDIT: I see you are planning on using a log head. In that case, assuming 66-68% VE, the T3-60 might work out well for you. Are you planning to inject it?

Inliner":2hph176j said:
Anlushac11,

EDIT: I see you are planning on using a log head. In that case, assuming 66-68% VE, the T3-60 might work out well for you. Are you planning to inject it?

Thats the idea anyways. Not sure how things will go after I get my hospital bill. Im praying Aflac covers this.

Back