eBay Unfinished Clifford intakes?

BigBlue94

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
Im only guessing that they are casting rejects... Not sure how else a KCMO wholesaler would get ahold of em. They look like chit to me lol

Toph1821

Looks like they goofed the listing. They are available again. I might get one and see if they can't be cleaned up

Last edited:

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
If they are rejects due to casting porosity they may be able to be saved by impregnating them, similar to Wolmanized lumber. Still, $299 seems pretty high to gamble.

Toph1821

If they are rejects due to casting porosity they may be able to be saved by impregnating them, similar to Wolmanized lumber. Still, $299 seems pretty high to gamble.
Yeah, I rethought that idea about as quickly as I posted that. I'm watching the ad and sent the seller an email. We'll see how it plays out.

Toph1821

Message from the seller when asked about being rejects etc.:
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in our products. We're a freight recovery company and have limited knowledge regarding some of our products. To date, we've sold them and haven't had one returned or received any complaints due to any defects. We also offer a 100% money back guarantee should you purchase and not be fully satisfied with your purchase.

Best regards,

Mega Mart Warehouse LLC

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
Another possibility -

retailer contracts w/ foundry to cast product
foundry casts product
retailer defaults on payment for castings
foundry auctions off castings
raw castings end up on ebay

Toph1821

Looking at the pictures, it looks like it is set up with a coolant passage, my only question is what is the center hole under the carburetor for? It looks like it passes straight through everything.

Firepower354

Famous Member
Looking at the pictures, it looks like it is set up with a coolant passage, my only question is what is the center hole under the carburetor for? It looks like it passes straight through everything.
The dark spot, 2/3 of the way to the outside of the plenum? I used my 46" monitor and opened it up. It looks like the end of an unfired .38 cartridge, likely related to the casting process.

At best, these will require a decent amount of machining. Having to run them without water, or having epoxy pressure impregnated, would sure sour the deal.

I'm not sure why the US Aussiespeed dealer is $100 more than buying from Mark direct, including shipping, but unless one has a mill, tooling, and the time/experience to sort it, $300+s&h is well more than I'd value them at.

Toph1821

Based on the reply I got I'm not sure that they are defective, but as stated by The Frenchtown Flyer, items that were auctioned off to recoup costs after something went south payment wise. The seller is offering free shipping and according to the email they sent me, willing to stand behind them if they are defective, so I'm not sure they are crap, but the part that is unfinished is the most expensive part so I agree, $300 is a bit steep

JPierce

Approved Vendor
Several months ago I saw the patterns from Clifford for these manifolds at the foundry I use. These ebay castings could have been from a test run. I haven't seen the patterns since then.