eBay Used Titanium valves (wrong sized?)

Mydogisshaggy

I first found these months ago but went to sleep and forgot... šŸ¤£. (Kinda joking) there was literally hundreds of sizes and Im not even that good at knowing what will work because I've only heard bits and pieces like the pre95 valve is a little longer and chevy valves are not always the right length but I dont know anything about stem diameter and bronze guides. Wouldn't converting to a thinner valve (but stronger of course) create more airspace and flow? And can a 2.20 valve be rounded down to a 1.90"? What about the single and double grooves and shaving the top or even the bottom of valve if it came down to it. Looking at normal titanium valve prices, seems like it could be worthwhile for cheap builders like me, any thoughts? Appreciate any help. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-26-01-36-36-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-26-01-36-36-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 16
Yes it all can be done with, just make sure you use the correct seats and guides to work with Titanium. Some of them have press in tips others you run a lash cap with. Its a cost effective way to get some light weight valve train into your head and the narrow stem is a huge advantage with the small ports.

Yes it all can be done with, just make sure you use the correct seats and guides to work with Titanium. Some of them have press in tips others you run a lash cap with. Its a cost effective way to get some light weight valve train into your head and the narrow stem is a huge advantage with the small ports.
So a thinner stem with im assuming guides? Which thickness would you get? I think in the past months ago I researched and MAYBE seen inserts or guides that made it into the 7mm stems? So besides the thickness, would the length and diameter matter? Should I get basically whatever is cheapest or any recommendations? I feel bad because I think people caught on or something happened, the prices were a bit lower and there was more selection, seems not as great now but still a good deal if what we are talking is gonna work. I'm pretty excited, I love doing expensive stuff on the cheap. People argue just to spend the money the first time, but with enough planning and research I've found its not that catastrophic and I wouldnt be able to experience things otherwise. One time I waited tables at a steak house, I'm not gonna say I ate some of the leftovers before I cleared the plate into the trash but I will say that place had amazing steaks, and for free, literally the best thing on earth.

They look like used NASCAR stock to me. 7mm stems are great, but you will need new guides, talk to your machine shop about what they recommend.

Just remember you cant have cheap all the time, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Back