All Small Six Valve Cover Gasket Thickness by manufacturer

This relates to all small sixes

65coupei6

Famous Member
Staff member
VIP
This is probably useless info. But here it is in inches.

Fel Pro (cork) - 0.155 Part #VS12692
Fel Pro (rubber) - ? have not measured yet Part #VS 12692R
Victor Reinz (Cork-Rubber)- 0.145 Part #151053801
Mahle (Cork-Rubber) - 0.13 Part #VS39564

The only reason why I was curious is because of oil blow-by.

I used to use the VI Aluminum Valve Cover. But, because there are no baffles built in I was getting some blow by. I tried different baffled grommets. But they had no effect. I switched to an original valve cover and the problem went away.

To fix the VI Aluminum Valve Cover problem. You can install some Moroso baffles. Thanks @gus91326 for the info. Either drill holes and screw them in, epoxy them in, or weld them in.
You can also raise the PCV valve via the @wsa111 method. (He has posted this a few times)

But... Since I am always messing with things. I went from a stock Powered by Ford valve cover that I chromed. To the CI Aluminum cover which had clearance problems in the first casting run. Then to a black aftermarket cover. Then back to the CI/VI cover. Finally I arrived at a Powered by Ford wrinkle finish cover.

I was thinking when I had those clearance problems, I glued 2 cork gaskets together and didn't have blow by. So maybe having two gaskets glued together was enough to raise the cover and fix the problem?

This is why I measured the gaskets.

An alternate solution may be to CNC a valve cover spacer? @CNC-Dude

Here is some info on blow-by. http://blog.wiseco.com/common-causes-of-blowby-and-oil-consumption

thnx ! good 2 no !
"...here it is..."
sometimes we use 'compressed thickness' to distinguish - as measurement

Back