what color????

A

Anonymous

in 1953 what color was a 215 painted? does anyone know? thanks.

The 215 was painted tangerine orange with a silver valve cover and a black generator and starter. You can get this in spray can form from most reproduction parts houses that deal with flathead Fords. Other that the silver valve cover it is the same paint scheme as the '52-'53 flathead V8s.

I am currently restoring a 1953 Ford F-100. I have done some rather extensive research and found that in 1953 the 215 block was painted a mint green color and the valve cover was a forest green. Follow the link above for some more detailed information. I have been searching for the correct color for two years and haven't found it yet. As a last resort, I will probably try mixing some yellow and blue engine paint. I can have the color matched at the local paint store but the paint likely won't last in the harsh environment found under the hood. :(

I'm sorry, I should have asked if you had a car or truck to put your motor in. The car engines were orange with silver valve cover, the truck motors were green. Again, the green is the same as the flathead V8 motors in 1953, so the green is available from your favorite flathead supplier. I am not sure about the valve cover on the trucks.

I am not sure, but '53 Mercury motor green looks a lot like '53 Ford truck engine green. Something to check in to.

its for a car. thanks for the help. now i just need to find the correct color. anyone know where i can find that?

Try Dennis-Carpenter.com; on the order parts online bar choose the 52-56 car option and order parts online. Type in paint and the correct orange comes up. What body style is your car?

Back