chad

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2023
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2019
Whadda folks think bout me reusin the flywheel bolts on an engine swap…
I'll pull the 170 tomorrow'n put in the 250. 250 FW, bell, 11 inch clutch that came w/an NV 3550 5 speed kit, yada, yada.
I wish there was a FW bolt kit, don't need the APR expense…

Comments (over the next few hrs)?

Kouwell,
lookin 4 others' too…

BTW Led: how's yer leak?
I just put ina WP w/1 blue 'paper' (I guess) gasket followed by a metal 1 (hun?). It's how they shipped it. I put nother blue paper 1 on against the block. Glued that last 1 onto the block w/the 'forma gasket' (that never dries). May B I shoulda put that same red gasket stuff on the side that butted to that weird metal gasket (more likea plate)…
:unsure:

Hi, I've reused flywheel bolts many times. As long as the mounting flanges are the same thickness you should be good. If the bolt holes go all the way through the crank you will need thread sealer. If they are blind holes I like locktite. I also like to use a torque wrench. On the pressure plate, draw it down a little a time in a criss cross pattern, and use a clutch alignment tool. Good luck

Cheers, B Ron!
Bronk guys showin up...

i reuse flywheel bolts all the time as long as they are in good condition. the only bolts i replace when ever i do any clutch work are the pressure plate bolts. i have had too many of those damned things break.

Humm…OK,
PP bolts - headed over there now,
Thanks R.

rbohm":1y9a9uex said:
i reuse flywheel bolts all the time as long as they are in good condition. the only bolts i replace when ever i do any clutch work are the pressure plate bolts. i have had too many of those damned things break.
X2 (y)
Chad, watch the torque specs on the pp bolts ,there is some wrong info on them out there.

Back