My turbo, nitrous, and car pics.

Dan that looks really nice!!!! How long before it runs????? BTW how did it go with the nitrous? Any problems? How much were you using?? :mrgreen:

Alex

PS: lotta questions, :oops: sorry.

62fairlane170":25s11v75 said:
that is a nice setup, what are you using for fuel enrichment?

nick

I will use a Fogger nozzle and nitrous noid hooked to an adjustable "Hobbs switch". That will be run off the same boost refrenced regulator my carb will. Thats the plan anyway!

Dan

MandarinaRacing said:
Dan that looks really nice!!!! How long before it runs????? BTW how did it go with the nitrous? Any problems? How much were you using?? :mrgreen:

Alex

It will be a little while on the turbo stuff. Still lack some small but $$$ parts. As far as my car running it is running now. I have had the nitrous going for a long time now! It works great! No problems at all. I started with 25 and am now at 75. I have the 100 shot jets to try when my drag radials come in. :eek: I have beat some quick cars with the nitrous. It is a blast!

Dan

VERY NICE. Nitrous would be my choice over turbos or superchargers for the following reasons:
1. it's cheap
2. it's easy
3. did i mention cheap?

I know of the advantages of power on demand but I want to keep simple ( I hope)....it's nice to hear that you've had no problems with your 1 nozzle setup.

Keep us posted !!!!!!!

Alex

Shoot yea! Go for it! Just make sure everything is in good shape and you will have nothing to worry about. Your very right.....it is easey and cheap!

Dan

correct me if I'm wrong...

but doesn't nitrous f*** up your engine? :eek:

hey Dan it looks great!! keep the pics coming. for some reason some of the pics didnt come thru on my computer??
Pete

yellowstang":1yi3p4bg said:
hey Dan it looks great!! keep the pics coming. for some reason some of the pics didnt come thru on my computer??
Pete

Thanks man! I will try to keep it updated as much as possible but my friend is the one with the camera and computer skills. Yea I noticed a few of the last pics did not show up for some reason. They where just of my intercooler and carb bonnet. I will see if I can get that fixed.

Dan

Nitrous is perfectly safe if it is half way setup right. Just keep an eye on everything and you won't have any problems at all with it.

Dan

Thats like totally crazy Dan!! :shock: ;) :LOL: :LOL:

I finally was able to see it tonite...before every time I checked, geocities said you exceeded data transfer status or some b.s. like that....

When do ya think you'll get the turbo stuff done?? this spring or summer??

I like it :eek: :eek:

Later,

Doug

Mustang_Geezer":10n23cz2 said:
Thats like totally crazy Dan!! :shock: ;) :LOL: :LOL:

I finally was able to see it tonite...before every time I checked, geocities said you exceeded data transfer status or some b.s. like that....

When do ya think you'll get the turbo stuff done?? this spring or summer??

I like it :eek: :eek:

Later,

Doug

Yea it did that to me a few times but you just have to wait like an hour and then it will work again. My friend tried to explain it to me but I still have no clue why it does that. Sorry. It might be a few months on the turbo stuff. I got most of the hard work done. All I lack is just buying more stuff to get it all going. Rebuild the turbo $300, better ignition $200, fuel regulator for boost $110, the fuel system to handle it all $$$???, the list goes on! So I am just not going to get in a hurry with it. My car is back going with the nitrous now. It is still too much fun to hit that button! I still need to try the 100 shot. The 75 just feels so strong I am not to worried about it.

I got a good story for you.
I was racing three wide last night with a 2000 GT and an import from a stop light. I spraid it about 50 feet off the line and started killing the tires! Me and the GT just left the import in out dust! Next thing I look back to see BLUE LIGHTS! CRAP!!!! I was 100% BUSTED. Two cops pulled me and only me over. This time I KNEW I was going to be in some crap! I was thinking.....street racing, spinning tires, speeding, nitrous bottle hooked up, no insurance, antique tags. CRAP! The first thing he said was "Is this car equiped with nitrous?" Yes sir(the big blue bottle in the front floorboard next to the heater). You know what you did back there was dangerous? Yes sir. I saw a coupple of mustangs go by and I told my partner follow them, one of them will do something! I had to laugh at that one. Well, he looked at my licence and called it in. .......You only have one ticket!? Yes sir...I try to stay out of trouble. That's not too bad......What you got in it 289? No it is just a straight six. How fast will it go? I don't know not to fast....never really tried to see. Do you know how many tickets I could write you for that? I am sure a lot! He named off a whole list of things. He said well just be carefull and keep the racing on the track. Have a good night. Thank you sir!.....................OH MY GOD I DID NOT GET IN ANY TROUBLE! I could not beleive that! I thought I was screwed. Thoes guys where very cool!

All I got to say is SWEEEEET!!!! It's funny I logged in this morning was going through some of the posts above and though hmmm I wonder how that guy is doing with the N02 setup and a couple of posts below there you are.

I would love to see some Dyno numbers with just the Turbo. I have an Aussie head coming on the way. Planning on doing a complete rebuild before summer and then I want to throw a super charger on it.

Anyway, if you every get it dynoed after the Turbo is up and running please post some numbers.

Import Killer, what part of Tenn. you from???? The local cops around here would throw you under the jail for all that ;)

pills":1pga9j2x said:
Were can I find more info on your nitrous setup?

Just ask me! :LOL: There is not too much to it at all. I will be happy to help anybody with any questions about my junk.

Dan

hindle_az":tvn73gl4 said:
Anyway, if you every get it dynoed after the Turbo is up and running please post some numbers.

Yea, I think it would be cool to dyno it. If the turbo turns out to be cool I might do that. I have never dynoed any of my cars. I would feel BIG TIME on a dyno!
Dan

Back