FSPP or Clifford?

A

Anonymous

what company makes better parts? ford six or clifford? would the clifford head or the OZ head make more power?

:D ya.....i was thinking of going with the clifford 200 rebuild kit, and dual out header, maybe their super treated connecting rods with ford six forged pistons, roller tipped rockers, dual roller timing chain, OZ head, oil pan, jet hot coting on the valve covers and intake, mustangs unlimited hi-po fan, modine radiator, then balance the crankshaft, toss a holley 500 cfm carb on there and unleash hell. the OZ head will probably get a port match with the intake, 3 angle valve job, and porting job. then figure out a way to change out those tiny lil 2.83 gears out back...

I'd get the fspp header over the clifford header. fspp is very high quality and the parts fit fantastically, so i'd get what you can form them. plus do you see any clifford people on this forum? I've never seen any. Mike (AZCoupe) has done alot for us and i'd buy anything from him first and get what i couldn't from elsewhere. nuff said

John

I don't think a Clifford head exists at this time unless your taking about a Clifford rebuilt log head.

Mike

:party: FSPP The only way to go. The Pacemaker header I got over a year ago still looks new. I plan on ordering more goodies for this winter's project here shortly.

Gary

If I had known about FSPP before I ordered my Cliffy header, I would have one instead. I found this site after I already ordered it. Thank God I found it tho cause if it werent for this site, i would only have a cool exhaust and a SLOW (well, slower than it is now and will be in the future) car. Go FSPP, if I had money, I would buy everything I could from there!
Matt

By all means go with mike at fspp. This applies to headers, heads, valve train componets & the only full roller timing chain available, & it is adjustable. Support mike @ AZ COUPE. Great products,great service. :D :D william

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks for all the kind words and the support. You guys are great.

You all know I'm working on alloy valve covers, but here's a list of the other parts that are in progress and will be available in the next few weeks.
* billet pulley sets (polished, red and blue - other colors by request).
* forged pistons (first sets are in production).
* cast pistons (Clevite and Seal Power - now in stock).
* do it yourself roller rocker kits (use your shaft or a new one from FSPP).
* turbo manifolds (pics of Will's Jet Hot manifold will be posted Monday).
* new header design - will fit all aplications (in production).
* stickers and decals (in production).
* dual roller chains for the 170 and 250ci engines.
* and more parts are in the developement stages.

How about a brand new, fully loaded website - with a intergrated shopping cart, automatic shipping calculator, various shipping options, secure online ordering, etc. The new site was designed by one of our very own (63DropTop) and will be uploaded as soon as I'm finished editing all the text and product info. We've been working on it for several weeks, and if all goes well, it will be unvailed sometime in the next week or two. Providing I don't get lazy this weekend. ;)

All this is possible only because you guys have given FSPP your support and loyalty. Hopefully I can return the support by eventually offering all the same parts that are common place in the V-8 world.

AzCoupe":e3si4vn4 said:

was this a post i missed while i was on leave? or just a new bomb you are dropping on everyone?
if it's the latter, i'll wait for the pics before i ask questions, if it's the former, could you point me to that post?

*drool*

hey X, any progress on your design?

I'll give you a reason I'm a little bugged with Clifford right now- I ordered their Holley 5200 intake adapter and a port divider (about $90 with shipping - ouch!) a month ago. A day after I ordered, I received an e-mail saying my order had shipped. Three weeks later I contacted them because I had not seen a package. They replied with "Sorry, we were out of stock on the adapter and won't have it for at least another two weeks." That was disappointing, and I know sometimes it can't be helped, but according to my credit card bill they charged me the full amount a month ago- in my opinion with the full knowledge they wouldn't be able to ship for at least 6 weeks! That doesn't seem right to me.

Hey AZ,
You have any ideas on when the turbo manifold might be lookin to "debut" lol. Im lookin to go turbo sometime this coming year, possibly around Christmas or this next summer. Im in for one if its available in time!!! Same with the forged pistons!
Matt

asa the evil muffin with the F150":rahwz7yd said:
AzCoupe":rahwz7yd said:

was this a post i missed while i was on leave? or just a new bomb you are dropping on everyone?
if it's the latter, i'll wait for the pics before i ask questions, if it's the former, could you point me to that post?

*drool*

First, I have a Clifford Lead time issue myself...but in my case its because I'm ensuring every piece I make is perfect. As for responce time, give me 1 out or 10 :oops:

Second. Go for Mike at FSPP. A good name is best!

Third,

Asa: I'll not be stealing any thunder from this post. Plans for the Falcon 500 are on the forum, and once I get the V8 spec transmission adpator on my project engine videoed up and sent off, I'm on to the turbo 200.

Time to fry....

Mike-AZ-COUPE, have you ever given thought on finding a decent fuel pump which will pump 6-7 # of pressure. I have heard the carter is decent but did anyone ever test the pressures of various pumps. The 2300 holleys will take 7-8 # without flooding. The webers could not use this high a pressure i have heard. :unsure:: :unsure:: any comments. thanks william

xtaxi":7bw1jryd said:
Asa: I'll not be stealing any thunder from this post. Plans for the Falcon 500 are on the forum, and once I get the Vee-Eight spec transmission adpator on my project engine videoed up and sent off, I'm on to the turbo 200.

Time to fry....

don't worry about it at all man, i know you've been busy lately
it'll be a while yet before i'll even be thinking about building a turbo motor, gotta worry about paint and body first, as well as a few other things
i'm in no hurry

FSPP KICKS AS*....... BOught headers from clifford took 7 months to get them,, its there fault why my project is so far behind. I ended up loosing money on this one too.

wes

asa67_stang":2k53u9tc said:
AzCoupe":2k53u9tc said:

*drool*

hey!
it's monday!
did i miss something?

I am waiting for a 1v to 2v adaptor for carbs...you guys need to produce them with the RIGHT design

you should make a 2 barrel acrb uograde kit!!

chaz

Back